Magnum 500 rims re-done

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champney008

Reaction score
My Car
71 MACH 1 351C 4V RAM AIR
1413462190570[1].jpg1413418255865[1].jpg1413419260383[1].jpg1413418327685[1].jpg

Here's what I did this weekend re-did the original magnum 500 rims I know they're not the chrome but I think they look great. I'm waiting on the stencil kit to come in to insert the black...

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Nice job. Very cool mod to the wheels! Should be very durable (powder coating).

You do realize they are not the original Magnums. You may have been referring to they were originally on your car when you bought it from the PO.

In my (our) best efforts to keep the facts out there --- the only Magnums that were optional for 1971 and 1972 Mustangs were 15 x 7's and none of them used trim rings.

Ray

Welcome from Oklahoma.

You do realize they are not the original Magnums. You may have been referring to they were originally on your car when you bought it from the PO.

In my (our) best efforts to keep the facts out there --- the only Magnums that were optional for 1971 and 1972 Mustangs were 15 x 7's and none of them used trim rings.

Ray
Thanks, yea should be pretty durable. yea and original from previous owner ... thanks for the info tho.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray
Thanks, yea should be pretty durable. yea and original from previous owner ... thanks for the info tho.
i think my response was lost in transit but here goes again. I did everything on mine upgraded - modified - improved the way i wanted in the mechanics and cosmetics and plan a 69 shellby GT w/rear duck tail and 5 port hood re 3 intakes fwd and 2 exhaust ducts on aft on my NASA hood as well see it favorable to rechrome my 15 x 7 fronts x 8s rears and 14 x 7 space saver in trunk if the tread can be restretched m it w/out it tearing no matter how many shops doing the work to the delays and extra expenses by them to do it my way. Ie, the rechrome and leaving the black painted inserts on the inner wheels as well w/chrome rings around my multi-color headlamps. I have the march COTM w/18 angles images that will be on that page of next years calendar and plan those changes to show on some other years to come mustang.com calendars. Ps re, leaving the black inserts off of the wheels. Thinking outside of the box like my rendition of ~ Mustang E (as in exotic car edition like the PANTERA L w/the Bosch L Jetronic fuel injection and 5 speed, i have a Holley 'Avenger' MPEFI on my modded q code to r code 72 convertible

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I did this weekend re-did the original magnum 500 rims I know they're not the chrome but I think they look great. I'm waiting on the stencil kit to come in to insert the black...
Very cool looking. I like what you did. Powder coating is the way to go and pretty durable compared to paint. But as they say: it is all in the prep. 

Ron

Back