• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cal Tracs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
I have a set of barely used Cal Tracs for 71-73 Mustang / Cougar. These will work with staggard or regular shocks. Will also work with the factory sway bar. Just pulled these off of my Mach. I have another toy to race so these have got to go! 275.00 + the ride. These are awsome if you are laying down some power! If interested I will send pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Traction Bars"(misnomer)

They use the front leaf spring mount and attach to the bottom of the axle to keep the axle from twisting under hard acceleration, generally on take off. Potentially saving drive line from damage or failure from occuring. They have been around for many many years for one good reason. On lower to medium horsepower vehicles they work well and they look good. IMO they are a step up from Lakewood traction bars but not as good as a long bar or link suspension.

I have a set of Cal-Tracs setting in my garage to install on my Stang when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the best traction devices you can buy for a leaf spring car. The were first developed by Wayne Calvert for the 428 CJ cars. They will wake your car up on launch.

Don't know about the "lower HP" statement. If you look at most of the S/S drag cars you will see these under there. Fastest leaf spring car in the country right now is running in the 6's(1/4 mile) unfortunatly it is a Camaro. I have run the Real Lakewood traction bars, the ones that replace the leaf spring saddles and there is no comparison.

These can be run on the street and the track you just adjust them for what you are doing.

I have purchased a 66 Fairlane drag car with a ladder bar suspension so my old Stang is going into semi retirement as far as drag racing goes! She has earned her retirement after 41 years of abuse.

Back