VINTAGE ADVERTISING-show yours

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Thought I would start a thread for vintage ads. I've been collecting car advertising for quite awhile. Some of the best I've run across are from playboy magazines of the era..Seems like alot of the muscle car ads of course targeted the "playboy lifestyle" The approach was simple, Hot cars=Hot chicks

I think ford & dodge were playboys best customers. Waging their turf war in the pages of playboy. So if you if have some good ads post em up they don't have to be 71-73 specific but should be from the muscle car era & ford related. I have a great one of Carroll Shelby endorsing some hair product will get that up shortly but will start with these

71ad.jpg71ad2.jpg

I posted this one in another thread back in 2011, but there may be some that missed it. It's a two page advert that I p'shopped together; don't look too close or you'll see that I forgot to add the rear door gap on the car as it was right on the two page join line....

1971_mustang_polyglas_ad_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gremlin attack! ;)

-Kurt
Looks like Greg Brady Too !

Ha, that's what I thought too when I posted the pic originally: "In this ad I think we are witnessing the first time that Greg Brady, all gussied up in his best chequered pants and polo-neck pullover, plucked up the guts to ask his step-sister Marcia out on a picnic date" :wub:

What is with Ford back in the day? A lot of good looking women in their ads!

untitled.png

Blue_Max_Mustang_ad.JPG

il_340x270_491106847_k9j2.jpg

1972%20Ford%20Mustang%20Ad-01.jpg

brochure parts:

1971%20Mustang-01.jpg

72BRCH00.jpg

---posted these in earlier threads but thought we could try and keep them together...

Ray

Shelby ad for one of their 351 C 4 intakes:

ShelbyIntake.jpg

Ray

71fLSB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1971 T5 brochure cover German 1mb.jpeg

German Ford T5 brochure cover for 1971 - courtesy of Mike (Luxstang)

Too cool. OK I'll stop - for now... :) I am tired of climbing (see pic) through all my Ford literature!

Cincinnati-pubic-library-old-photo.jpg

Ray

Back