Jon Kaase Boss 429

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's what I am talking about. I did not think the boss 9 would fit with the shock towers. As for as the hood who cares, you need that monster to be seen.

Damn that's a big engine! Are you raising that section you have cut out? :)

Yes, I intend to lift up the whole center section.

IMG_0283.JPG

My god that is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Keep up the great work and keep us posted on that monster. Cant wait to see more!

I was really kicking around the idea of building a kaase boss when I was doing my 408 Cleveland. But man they are not cheap!

Thomas, looking good, absolutely amazing! I am really looking forward to see your hood finished. Should be interesting, since I've got three hoods and just not sure which one to modify.

Btw, did you modified your mustangs shocktowers? We had an ol' drag racer who had a OEM boss 429 in his Mach 1 between the stock shock towers. It was once in 90 degrees wheelie which ended with broken collectors and oil pan. Car was scary fast.

Is it a 598 boss or how big is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to squeeze it down between the original shock towers.

But there is not much space left.

It is a Boss 572.

// Thomas

Damn that's a big engine! Are you raising that section you have cut out? :)

Yes, I intend to lift up the whole center section.
I've thought about doing that. I need to use a deep air cleaner just to fit my engine under the hood. I feel like my MACH needs more air. It runs great but you know how it is more air more better. Mine MACH is just a 514in. big carb engine. Thanks for showing us how to chop the hood open. "Impressive"

I hope you plan on driving that Monster..... Not just for show.

Back