I've joined the Mopar Dark Side with a 1969 Valiant

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
It's been repainted once, has some minor rust here and there under crappy Bondo work, a mile-wide hole in the muffler, and a intermittent no-spark condition - but it's mostly intact and a true 22,000k-mile survivor (which can't really be confirmed, but the condition of it speaks for itself).

How could I resist? I love simple cars!

es6cfo.jpg

w0gpzl.jpg

o0v0x0.jpg

2eedc2u.jpg

Duel shot!

ojfed3.jpg

s4rqis.jpg

5nmahi.jpg

-Kurt

Nice little time capsule there. Is that a 426 Hemi hiding under the hood? Well I guess you could take that out and put one in there if you want.

Very nice. Reminds me in many ways of the 69 Fury I had with the 318 V8. Congratulations!
Fuselage Furys are no small potatoes though!

Personally, I see a lot of B-body Belvedere in the A-body Valiant. Adam 12 comes to mind.

-Kurt

Congrats Kurt!

Nice looking Mopar!
Thanks, Ray (and everyone else!)

You can thank that yellow '72 in my signature for making it happen. The parts I'm stripping off of it are offsetting the cost of the Valiant (though I'm still $1,700 short of breaking even).

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been repainted once, has some minor rust here and there under crappy Bondo work, a mile-wide hole in the muffler, and a intermittent no-spark condition - but it's mostly intact and a true 22,000k-mile survivor (which can't really be confirmed, but the condition of it speaks for itself).

How could I resist? I love simple cars!

es6cfo.jpg

w0gpzl.jpg

o0v0x0.jpg

2eedc2u.jpg

Duel shot!

ojfed3.jpg

s4rqis.jpg

5nmahi.jpg

-Kurt
in my judgement-that frame heard was squared off as a sturdy foundation-so i have to say -i will more than less understand why you favor that car like i favor o the generation one mustang's frame.

Cool Kurt but I thought with with a name like Cudak888 that you must of already been afflicted with the Mopar sickness
Since the age of six. Unfortunately, the '70 Cuda for sale down the street is a worse rustbucket than my yellow '72.

-Kurt

Seems to be 1 of ma mopars worst attributes rust. Cool valiant we got the same cars here with slightly different front sheet metal and grill.

My dad had valiants from the 60's all the way through to about 1980 or so when he ended up with a Cordoba.

Seeing the inside pictures really took me back to my childhood.

Is it too obvious that I LOVE dog dish hubcaps and trim rings? :D

j64wmp.jpg

I have a gut feeling some fool on VMF is going to try to use the focal length of this photo as a justification that the '71-73s are enormous :rolleyes:

Seems to be 1 of ma mopars worst attributes rust. Cool valiant we got the same cars here with slightly different front sheet metal and grill.
I just figured out today that only the left side has been repainted - the roof, hood, trunk, and RH of the car still wear its original 45-year-old single stage paint.

Makes you wonder where they kept this one to keep it intact - and a Google search of the VIN shows that one of the previous sellers was Ted Vernon/South Beach Classics, and his inventory is often a VERY mixed lot where stuff like this doesn't generally reside.

Then again, given the sheer number of rotted-out Mustangs I've seen, I don't think we have any cause to throw stones either.

Seeing the inside pictures really took me back to my childhood.
Having never seen one at all in 26 years (and then two others on the very day I picked it up - by complete chance), my only reference is Spielberg's Duel.

Here is our Aussie Valiant version for '69.
The Aus Valiant looks quite upscale. I take it that one is not base.

-Kurt

Back