New to site

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfrd

Reaction score
My Car
72 Grande
302 4 barrel Edelbrock
Edelbrock Performer intake
dual exhaust
Hi,

Just bought a 72 Grande today. Drove it up Interstate 17 in Arizona to Flagstaff for about an hour doing around 75 mph, engine ran great. I'll get some pictures posted as soon as I can. Its a bit of a project car for my son and I. Seems to be in really good shape. Interior is good, the buzzer even buzzes If you don't buckle your belt. Paint is good, some sun spots from the Arizona sun. Its been awhile since I have had a car to tinker with, my first car was a 67 Fastback with a 289. The 302 and tranny seemed to run well, was getting a lot of heat inside, its running headers so that could have been it. The front feels a bit loose, so thinking I should start there, checking tie rod ends and bushings in the front, there is a good squeak. The back seems to sag a bit, but there is a air nipple in the truck, think it may have air shocks in the back. Will put a air to tomorrow . Any other ideals of where to start?? Thanks Art

Hello and welcome.

When I bought mine, were some air shocks in the back, I removed them and put some gas shocks from Kyb. Air shocks are not designed for our car.

Normal you have heat in the car, the headers send you this worm temperature.

Personnaly what I did is to put all around the headers some temperature band (sorry i don't know how to call this) and it is much better.

Waiting for some pics :)

Hi all,

I,m from England and I own 351c 71 Mach1. I've had her for 7 years now and she has not been on the road for much of that time.

From what I have found during my work on her, she was put in a barn for about 10 years and was damaged along the passenger side and the suspension was damaged .Now repaired. In fact, I have replaced the complete steering ,brake and suspension down to the wheel bearings.

I'm nearly finished but I am getting the smaller bits go on me.

With the web, I don't have to wait too long but it can be a problem at times.

She is never going to be "Concourse" but she has been done with the best of my ability.

Thanks everyone. I guess the first order is to fix the leaky oil pan gasket. I saw the rubber one piece gasket online, seems like a good ideal anyone used them?? Can I get the oil pan out without moving the engine around?? Ill get some pics up in a bit.

Hi,

Just bought a 72 Grande today. Drove it up Interstate 17 in Arizona to Flagstaff for about an hour doing around 75 mph, engine ran great. I'll get some pictures posted as soon as I can. Its a bit of a project car for my son and I. Seems to be in really good shape. Interior is good, the buzzer even buzzes If you don't buckle your belt. Paint is good, some sun spots from the Arizona sun. Its been awhile since I have had a car to tinker with, my first car was a 67 Fastback with a 289. The 302 and tranny seemed to run well, was getting a lot of heat inside, its running headers so that could have been it. The front feels a bit loose, so thinking I should start there, checking tie rod ends and bushings in the front, there is a good squeak. The back seems to sag a bit, but there is a air nipple in the truck, think it may have air shocks in the back. Will put a air to tomorrow . Any other ideals of where to start?? Thanks Art
if it is driveable where you can baby it in how you drive it and the engine and transmission does not need an overhaul-check out xado.com not a snake oil treatment to them to stop its wear and rejuvinate it as well a solution for the fuel system to drive for 1000 miles onit. Recommended as advertised by hemmings performance magazines. This may be the cheapest and efficient way to restore and enjoy at the same time. Get a preliminary safety inspection -a good coat of wax-and you should find a lot of stuff on here and for a small cost to upgrade to VIP status for unlimited @ useage on here at no extra cost. Ohio mustang -CJ Pony-Laurel Mountain Mustang for the parts you need are the professionals and xtra tech info. I had to want it all-the resto~mod~customize and then wait ~a long time away from me for a lot of money~took 11 years away from my time to enjoy it:eek:utside a few small drives to car park to shows with it and only a fraction of the 2500 miles put on it over that time period. Good luck and welcome from latrobe PA. Lets see some photos of your stang no matter its condition. As a 20 year veteran of Daytona Beach from the events and working locally and how many women riding on the trunks of their mustangs while accommodating the boys when they yell out 'let me see your....' the same to see your ride. Re: got quite the biography from restoration to the march 2015 COTM calendar choice on my photo album. Have not completed posting all of the pics of restoration and have not figure out as yet how to post the videos. Luxtang has the best videos of .....

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Ah, Flagstaff! I remember seeing Gov't Mule live at the Orpheum in 2008. Great gig!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, original looking car.

Curious if the color was changed to black or is it special-order paint car?

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

Hi all,

I,m from England and I own 351c 71 Mach1. I've had her for 7 years now and she has not been on the road for much of that time.

From what I have found during my work on her, she was put in a barn for about 10 years and was damaged along the passenger side and the suspension was damaged .Now repaired. In fact, I have replaced the complete steering ,brake and suspension down to the wheel bearings.

I'm nearly finished but I am getting the smaller bits go on me.

With the web, I don't have to wait too long but it can be a problem at times.

She is never going to be "Concourse" but she has been done with the best of my ability.
Hey there 'mate - first off: Welcome from West Texas! ::thumb::

But - can we get'cha to cut-n-paste your intro into a new thread in the "Introductions" forum? It's a little confusing having 2 guys share the same Intro thread. Thanks, and can't wait to see some pics of your new project. :D

So I climbed under the car took a look around, I don't see any major issues. There is light surface rust here and there where the paint is chipped on the cowl. Most of the trim on the roof is in rough shape, and someone used silicone to reattach the drip molding and trim. The carb and manifold are new, looked like the points were brand new also. Cragar Boyd rims. Interior is in good shape just a small tear in the headliner, speedometer is off, clock doesn't work lol.

It is not original paint, it is black, but there is a color under the black like a candy apple. When you get it in sunlight it turns almost like a reddish purple if that makes sense. I don't know if it originally had vinyl on the roof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back