Factory Options

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
Looking at the Marti Reports on here and some others that show up with the car pics on Ebay, I noticed there are a lot of Factory Options available.

The rarest option I've seen is intermittent wipers (191 cars had this option in 1971). I also noticed an AM/8-Track Stereo on that same car. I'm sure there are other options that I've never heard of...cruise control maybe? Who knows?

Question: Is there a list somewhere that shows all of the Factory Options that were available for each year?

I'd like to see that list too.
Yes but you have to buy this book "Mustangs by the numbers 67-73"

http://www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?selecteditem=yes?cftoken=11243112403&id=690

BTW- Mr. Marti gets pissed if you list any of "his" stats from the book on any websites. Funny how he does not complain when I push his stuff.

When I find the book (somewhere in a box) I'll post some of the more interesting facts like how many 71 429's and 72 351 HO's were made by body style and how rare some of the options were.

Rex

Book-MBN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the Marti Reports on here and some others that show up with the car pics on Ebay, I noticed there are a lot of Factory Options available.

The rarest option I've seen is intermittent wipers (191 cars had this option in 1971). I also noticed an AM/8-Track Stereo on that same car. I'm sure there are other options that I've never heard of...cruise control maybe? Who knows?

Question: Is there a list somewhere that shows all of the Factory Options that were available for each year?

My 72 Mach 1 has intermittent wipers and I did not order it when I ordered I ordered my car. The first time I shut the wipers off and turned it to the left past the off position I thought something was wrong with the wipers.

There is a reproduction out of the Mustang Accessory Price List. I bought one from CJ Pony parts. It's four pages and cost about $3 or $4. For instance the Intermittant Windshield Wipers was a $23.23 option for the 73's. Actually you can price out the whole car, it includes the base price of each model and any group prices, such as Decor Group. Neat booklet for a reasonable price.

have you seen the movie FLASH OF GENIUS ? Its the true story about how ford got the intermediate wipers for the mustang great movie and good shots of mustangs
Haven't seen it. Where would one begin to look for a movie like this?

have you seen the movie FLASH OF GENIUS ? Its the true story about how ford got the intermediate wipers for the mustang great movie and good shots of mustangs
Haven't seen it. Where would one begin to look for a movie like this?
The movie pops up on Showtime and HBO on occassion. Probably can get it at Blockbuster too.

Back