Question about front end structure

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lfdsteve

Reaction score
My Car
71 Grande Bar find
I'm a GM guy and this is my first stretch into the world of Ford and Unibody front ends.

Starting from the firewall forward, is there a post or preferably a pictorial someone can direct me to outlining the individual parts up front and whether or not they are reproduced? I have a extremely solid 73 sports roof rear with some front end rust and damage. not steering components and such, just the structure.

I see CJ's parts but am not sure what all the components are called.

thanks for the basic help.

Steve

I'm a GM guy and this is my first stretch into the world of Ford and Unibody front ends.

Starting from the firewall forward, is there a post or preferably a pictorial someone can direct me to outlining the individual parts up front and whether or not they are reproduced? I have a extremely solid 73 sports roof rear with some front end rust and damage. not steering components and such, just the structure.

I see CJ's parts but am not sure what all the components are called.

thanks for the basic help.

Steve
Don at Ohio Mustang Supply will know. Give him a call, 732 Abbe Rd, Sheffield Vlg, OH 44054

(440) 949-2556. Chuck

Dynacorn has started to reporduce many of the front end structural pieces. You could login to their site and search for 71-73 parts and visually see how they match up on your car. Contact Don @ OMS for prices and availability. He helps most folks out on this site.

Dynacorn has started to reporduce many of the front end structural pieces. You could login to their site and search for 71-73 parts and visually see how they match up on your car. Contact Don @ OMS for prices and availability. He helps most folks out on this site.
On web, a company called laurel Mountain advertises a complete right and left half "shock tower frame and apron assembly from dynacorn for $570 per side. This seems like the best way to go vs cutting and patching in individual pieces. I dont see them listed past 70 on the dynacorn site tho??

anyone use one or have an opinion?

Steve

Back