"A" pillar covers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a length difference between coupe and fastback. Convertible don't have the molding transition on the top end. Convertible trim is made cutting the longer trims of the coupe or fastback. Can't remember which was longer.

The fastbacks have the shorter trim. The convertible trim share the same casting numbers as the coupé. Thus, the coupe trim can be cut off to use on a convertible.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a length difference between coupe and fastback. Convertible don't have the molding transition on the top end. Convertible trim is made cutting the longer trims of the coupe or fastback. Can't remember which was longer.

The fastbacks have the shorter trim. The convertible trim share the same casting numbers as the coupé. Thus, the coupe trim can be cut off to use on a convertible.
If the fast back cover is shorter, couldn't it also be cut to fit?

Sorry, what I meant was, I have a fastback......could any cover be "modified" to fit the fastback since they are shorter?:-/

Don at Ohio Mustang Supply (OMS) posted this in another similar thread THANKS DON!!!!!!!

---------

convertible trim is actually the coupe trim with the top cut off.

It will have D1XX - 65XXXXX coupe number on it.

The top fits under the large chrome top latch / sunvisor bracket

The coupe one is longer than the fastback

The mustang coupe and cougar one are the same

Both coupe and fastback have 2 sections on the top that connect to the metal headliner trim.

If you use the vert one you will have about 1 -2 inch gap at the top L & R sides of the trim

Ohio Mustang Supply

440-949-2556

VISIT US ON THE WEB AT

http://www.ohiomustang.com

Sorry, what I meant was, I have a fastback......could any cover be "modified" to fit the fastback since they are shorter?:
The windshield header is about 1/8" narrower on the coupe. The angles are the same. The coupe one is about one inch longer, but you might take one for a coupe and cut in half, take out an inch and put together with a joint in the vertical leg. Plastex is good for fixing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, what I meant was, I have a fastback......could any cover be "modified" to fit the fastback since they are shorter?:
The windshield header is about 1/8" narrower on the coupe. The angles are the same. The coupe one is about one inch longer, but you might take one for a coupe and cut in half, take out an inch and put together with a joint in the vertical leg. Plastex is good for fixing them.
Thanks for the tip. CJ PonyParts has them for $175 a pair I think too.

Back