KigerStang EV

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philt

Reaction score
My Car
1972 R code Mach1. Being resto moded.
The project is now public with the change of direction from Coyote to Electric Vehicle (EV).

Decided with my 36 year background in Electric drive/motor design and the new batteries about to hit the market extending EV range to over 500 miles, the future really is electric.

Besides, Eaton's marketing manager left taking our Ford sponsorship with him.:dodgy:

So the project is full steam ahead with a recently delivered electric motor producing nearly 500 HP and only weighing 95 lbs being mounted to a TR3650 5 speed tranny. The front and rear ends are done with a Fab 9 4:11 gear ratio with Eaton's first 35 spline 9" true Trac installed.

This was the first unit off of Eaton's assembly line. We got it long before ANY Eaton dealers ever did. :)

The front end is a new coil over with rack and pinion built by Full Tilt Street rods although if I had it over to do again, I would have bought Chris Alston's.

Shocks & Springs by Viking.

Anyone interested in something a lot different, can go here to stay updated with the project. Motor and Tranny should be in my months end.

For those that think EVs are for girls.... This vehicle will make more than 1000 ft/lbs at the rear wheels in less than 35 ms. 0-60 in around 3.5 seconds and a top speed of over 145 MPH. Range around 150 miles using current Lithium Ion battery technology but we are planning for a new technology being delivered to us in Q1 2016.

And for those that want the sound and feel of a gas motor.... Our ICE simulator with tactile transducers and 3000 watt, 80 lb sub-woofer will make everyone within 100 yards heads turn with all the sound and vibration of a Ford 428 Big Block.

Planning to show the car at SEMA 2016.

KigerStang EV

Hope you enjoy!

IF so, like our FB page: TotalAutomationworks

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
And for those that want the sound and feel of a gas motor.... I'd say go jump in it. I think the sound of electric would lend itself to the body style very well. But, so would a turbine or a YT-1300 492727ZED, from the Millennium Falcon.

Anyway, I think that is one BA project and am looking forward to seeing its development. Fantastic way to usher these cars into the 21st century.

Wow, sounds like a very insane project, but very interesting. This would be one if not the only classic car with an electric engine in it! Can't wait to see some updates on this one.. Keep us updated :D

Do you have any pictures of that engine? :)

Do you have any pictures of that engine? :)
Click on the link on the original post.

KigerStang EV

About 3/4 of the way down there are several pictures of it.

95 pounds. 12" X 12" X 12" and produces more HP and torque than the original 351HO motor at 1/5 the weight!

Incredible technology using permanent magnet induction motor 3 phase, rated at 480 VAC.

Of course by the time you add almost 1000 lbs for the batteries you are back up to an ICE motor with exhaust, motor and a full tank of gas.

But instant torque, no need for a clutch, can keep in overdrive and run from 0-145 MPH or power shift through the gears for an incredible torque rush.

We will actually be selling these retrofit kits at SEMA. Motor, drive, chassis mount, tranny mount using a top loader or a Tremec. Complete with our Canbus controller, digital dash, etc. All complete for the DIYer.

71-73 Mustangs are our first completed kits. stay tuned.

It's crazy that a engine in that size can produce power like that, I can't understand how it's possible :D But a electrical engine is delivering constant power from zero compared to a gas engine, I know that. One here in Europe are using a electrical engine for his drag bike and that one is just insane, so damn fast and so much power that they can't hold it when they reach over 60mph.. :)

I like the idea of the retrokits, very cool. And nice the 71-73 Mustangs are first to have these kits ready for!

Hope to see some updates soon :)

????????? What?? Really? There is no way it's out there. I love it!!! Many questions. I want something like that for my build but do I have to re mortgage my house and how long before I can get one? Where do all the batteries go and does it affect the balance of the car. Wow that's cool.

Clicked on your Album,....... WOW...... all I can say. WOW
Thanks,

We are building a tray under the car between the axles to handle 3/4 of the batteries, rest are in the engine compartment.

Awaiting a newer battery technology that the manufacturer promises to be 1/2 the weight and 5 times the power density of current Lithium Ion. Wont get delivery of them till around March 2016. If we go Lithium Ion (current technology), they will weigh approx 1000 lbs and cost approx $23,000.00 for an 80KWH pack.

With the new technology we can get the same power for around $6,000.00 at almost 1/2 the weight (around 550 lbs).

We are hoping to sell the kit (motor, drive, control, BMS and batteries for under $50K. We wont sell a lot at that price but they will be the bomb for those wanting the best, latest, greatest at any show.

We are planning a lot of options that can be added later like the ICE simulator, auto tinting windows (detects UV), front rear cameras with DVR, electronic servo suspension that cancels out axle movement.

Software updates will be uploaded to the car (like Tesla does).

Controller will include 3 touch screens with dash tach, speedo, range, temperatures and BMS monitoring. Three modes of operation, valet, cruise and race, setting motor current & speed limits.

Blue tooth to link up smart phones, web browser, GPS, voice recognition, MPEG player, laser diffuser and front/rear radar detection, key-less entry with two key fobs. Controller can set the steering wheel tilt and scope along with seats and mirrors for two drivers. (all optional add-ons).

Stay tuned, this is going to get fun real fast.

Got confirmation today from the battery vendor that we are on track for receiving a new technology battery weighing in at 466 lbs Q2 2015. The new battery pack will more than DOUBLE the power density of the best Li-Ion batteries known today yet weighs less than 1/2.

Our battery pack will produce 600 amps peak, 300 amps continuous at 720V and 70KWH. Vehicle range has been extended to almost 300 miles per charge and the lower weight should put KigerStang in at the low 3's 0-60.

This is going to revolutionize BEVs and automobiles in general.

My prediction... By 2025, ALL ICE motors will be obsolete. Period.

Please look at our newest video on the projects FB site and like if you like what you see.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Total-AUTOmation-Works-LLC/599825060053495?ref=hl

Hope to meet many of you at SEMA 2016 in Las Vegas.

Our new Drive is in proto. Picture posted on the projects FB site.

Our drive represents a much higher level of performance offered from ANY drive in the EV market place.

900 amps peak, 800V input will run up to 550HP electric PM motors up to 10,000 RPM.

No other drive in the world has this much power in this small a size.

For a reference, our SINGLE motor puts out as much power and torque as Tesla gets out of TWO motors.

That from a small Orlando based company without billions of dollars to spend. ;)

TAW - "Where electric meets Muscle"

Thanks for the support guys.

A lot of work in this one. Honestly I'm not a fan of the redone front headlights but you have surely taken the 71-73's where they have never been before.

Nice metal work as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Customs are tough. Impossible to please everyone.

There are the original guys that wont like anything that isn't and then the "kids" (Im an old fart so sorry, anyone under 30) that if its not touching the ground and have 30"wheels with rubber band tires, they don't like.

I'm 56 so, the ground touching stuff doesn't appeal to me and the originals, well I have a 63 split Window and 60 Corvette, both 100% original so I get enough of tuneups, carb tweaks, point changes, etc.

So when I want to go original, I hop into one of those.

This will be a modern, reliable car I can simply charge, get in and enjoy.

Not for everyone, but I like it.

Keep charging forward my friend. Good on you for shaking it up with your ideas. At this time you only need to please those that are helping you on this project and seeing it reach SEMA. When it's done and done right the masses will need to acknowledge the skill level and vision. I'm just glad you chose the 71 stang over a Vette if I may say so. Lol.

Back