1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 429. 4-speed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, nice, but incorrect. The console paint looks wrong to me. The undercarriage should have been a slop grey mix of paint versus red-oxide primer, and the fuel tank should have been coated with sound deadener/undercoat. (At least that is what my original 71 had in those areas.)

Factory undercoating was not an option. The sound deadener went from rear shock crossmember to the firewall vertical section. The sound deadener was also sprayed in the rear wheelhouses and in some areas of the front wheel well. It was used to seal penitations in the firewall also. MCA currently accepts undercarrage body in red oxide, dark gray or black.

The car looks presented well. Big overkill on the number of photos taken. Wouldn't the fact that the donk, tranny, and diff aren't original have an effect on lowering the selling price? I noticed that the interior is all detailed, slick and prissied up, but the dash and console chrome trim is all shot and worn.

It makes you wonder just what was going on with this car before it was all dolled up for sale. The dealer presents himself as an honest Sam, and everything tip top,but ........................................

Will be interesting to see what it ends up selling for i guess.

Greg.:)

Way to picky here guys. That is a good looking car and when I win the lottery I would buy it. Everyone keeps saying "Buy one already done. You will be farther ahead." So considering what it would cost to restore a real 1971 429 Mustang, does this price really look that far out? Perhaps a little high, but not out and out scary.

I think everyone's reference of "too high" is their comparison to what a similarly equipped car in that condition can be bought for in today's market.

Sure - it costs a bunch to bring a rough car to that level. That is why I agree to buy the best you can afford to start with.

Ray

I'm sure lots of us could pick some things out that are not correct about this car... Doesn't look like the hood paint is exactly correct to me. I looked through most of the pictures and this car looks amazing. I couldn't afford it and even if I could I'd be scared to drive it...

Last edited by a moderator:
When is the last time you saw a 429 4 speed AC power window fold down seat Mach 1.

C6 sure, 4 speed not to often!

I think the price is about right considering what 440 Cudas bring.

To bad the hood paint is a little off.

Back