cool weekend with c9zx and droptop73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
What a great time I had this last weekend. Jeff (droptop73) was in my town on business. He made some adjustments to his busy schedule to hang out with both Chuck (c9zx) and myself.

I took Jeff to see some interesting sites in downtown OKC - Automobile Alley is one area we visited that is getting some attention. The city (Oklahoma City) is slowly but surely restoring and bringing back the old original car dealership buildings including restoring - replacing old neon signs on rooftops and building fronts.

The original architecture with the old signs continues to be impressive as it progresses. Then we went to a local killer BBQ restaurant. Good food - good time.

We all met Saturday at our local Cars and Coffee event and just enjoyed the different cars sharing stories about cars and just bench racing with gearheads. I was amazed with the technical knowledge both Jeff and Chuck have and are willing to share. ( I understood most of what they were talking about :) ) We then went and looked at my cars and I enjoyed their experienced advice on how to best proceed with each one. Priceless information from two that have definitely 'been there and done that' !!! Then we all visited more at another good local Mexican restaurant.

Just a great couple of days shared with two guys I consider good friends.

Both class acts. It doesn't get much better than that in my book.

THANKS CHUCK AND JEFF.

Ray

Fun! I love talking it up with guys that are knowlege banks. I could talk about cars all day and never get bored!

Exemplary choice on lunch too:cool:

Cool! I know that Chuck is great company and I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Keep those restaurants in mind. The wife and me are seriously planning to get over there next year (late spring or fall). Gonna give Chuck a fair warning too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome Ray. Glad you all had a great time together. Did anyone take any pics from the weekend's activities?

Greg.:)
I didn't take any pics - prob should have.

Ray

Cool! I know that Chuck is great company and I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Keep those restaurants in mind. The wife and me are seriously planning to get over there next year (late spring or fall). Gonna give Chuck a fair warning too. :)
Will do Mike. Looking forward to you and your wife visiting my hometown.

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
A good time was had by one and all. Mike, Let me know when you plan to visit so I can give local authorities some warning.:p Chuck

Back