1972 Mach - opinions?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible
Father /Son resto-mod project
1 year in:
351 Cleveland- modified
Maier suspension
Tremec 5 speed

All- when my son and I were looking for his project car , we hoped to find a Mach with this color combo to work with, then we found his vert. Now that his is almost done, I'm thinking of getting a pony for me. It would be great to have a Mach and a vert in matching color combo!

What do you guys think of this one? Anything obviously amiss from the few pix provided?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4678375347.html

A few bits are missing/wrong/added and it has been repainted, no pictures of the bottom of the car. It probably has been stored a long time, Goodyear Wingfoot tires. I'd inspect very closely for rust/bondo and old damage. Verify VIN. Test drive to operating temperature then check trans fluid level and color and check for leaks. If it all checks out, I'd say it is a deal. Chuck

A few bits are missing/wrong/added and it has been repainted, no pictures of the bottom of the car. It probably has been stored a long time, Goodyear Wingfoot tires. I'd inspect very closely for rust/bondo and old damage. Verify VIN. Test drive to operating temperature then check trans fluid level and color and check for leaks. If it all checks out, I'd say it is a deal. Chuck
Chuck-

Help me out with the "bits"? If I approach the seller, I want to be fully informed, and know what to look for- and call to their attention.

This is more than I was hoping to spend, but then again, I've far exceeded my expected budget for the vert! :s

Thanks for the assistance,

Butch

I think Chuck might be referring to the ram air? I also noticed that the boot that holds the wires going to the doors are missing. Aftermarket radiator cap. Horn button looks a little funky.

But the car looks good in the pictures. Like you said, it cost a lot to restore so buying it ready may save money in the long run. Like Chuck said, inspect that body carefully. Try and get a look inside the cowl!

Sorry for slow reply, it has been a busy couple of days. the post above covers it well. Add battery hold down and air deflector at radiator to the list. The VIN is not stated so look very carefully. let us know what you find out and decide to do. Chuck

66k miles and needed a complete engine rebuild?

I'd sure want to know why!

Ray
It could be because the PO drove it the way you drove your B1 car when you were younger.:p Chuck

Back