New to the board

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Q code 4spd Mach 1
Hey all,

Signed up a little while ago and finally getting around to making an introduction. My name is John, a lot of people call me Johnny. I'm good with it either way. 45 years old, had at least one Mustang at any given time since I was 16. Most of that time I've had more than one. I'm not a die hard, brand loyal, Ford only guy. I like all makes, some models, but mainly just cars in general. I've built muscle cars, Corvettes, street trucks, VW's, you name it. I drive a 2011 Camaro SS when the weather is nice, and a GMC Sierra when it's not. At the moment I'm down to one last Mustang, and I don't see myself really building another one when this one is finished, even though I have an attic of hoarded parts from the dozen or so Fastbacks/Mach's I've parted over the years. I found that my priorities have changed in the last 10 years or so and I just don't enjoy the build/restoration as much as I used to. Time is fairly limited with family and work, so i really just like to drive them these days.

So, I'm saying "Hi, I'm here!" and getting to know everyone a little. I'll start a thread specifically for my car, a 73 Q code 4 speed Mach.

Couple old pics:

This one's me, at 16, fixing the power steering hoses on my first 73 Mach 1. It was 1985.

20141030_074939_resized.jpg

Totalled that Mach 1 a month later and replaced it with this 71 Fastback out of North Carolina.

20141030_074833_resized.jpg

20141030_074825_resized.jpg

Here is that same 71 right after High School, putting it away for my freshman year of college.

20141030_074810_resized.jpg

20141030_074759_resized.jpg

Finally, one quick pic of the last one I sold. 72 Q code 4 speed Mach.

100_0401.JPG

Yes. It has 73 stripes, I've never been a huge fan of the 71-2, always preferred the 73 stripes.

That's it for now, I need to get back the work!!

:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
We also get here our national Johnny....Halliday :)

Welcome here to you and your Pony, very great site with very great and helpfull people.

Manu

Hey all,

Signed up a little while ago and finally getting around to making an introduction. My name is John, a lot of people call me Johnny. I'm good with it either way. 45 years old, had at least one Mustang at any given time since I was 16. Most of that time I've had more than one. I'm not a die hard, brand loyal, Ford only guy. I like all makes, some models, but mainly just cars in general. I've built muscle cars, Corvettes, street trucks, VW's, you name it. I drive a 2011 Camaro SS when the weather is nice, and a GMC Sierra when it's not. At the moment I'm down to one last Mustang, and I don't see myself really building another one when this one is finished, even though I have an attic of hoarded parts from the dozen or so Fastbacks/Mach's I've parted over the years. I found that my priorities have changed in the last 10 years or so and I just don't enjoy the build/restoration as much as I used to. Time is fairly limited with family and work, so i really just like to drive them these days.

So, I'm saying "Hi, I'm here!" and getting to know everyone a little. I'll start a thread specifically for my car, a 73 Q code 4 speed Mach.

Couple old pics:

This one's me, at 16, fixing the power steering hoses on my first 73 Mach 1. It was 1985.

Totalled that Mach 1 a month later and replaced it with this 71 Fastback out of North Carolina.

Here is that same 71 right after High School, putting it away for my freshman year of college.

Finally, one quick pic of the last one I sold. 72 Q code 4 speed Mach.

Yes. It has 73 stripes, I've never been a huge fan of the 71-2, always preferred the 73 stripes.

That's it for now, I need to get back the work!!

:blush:
Hi Johnny and welcome from Detroit. You've sure had some Mustang fun over the years!

Welcome to the site! 17 y/o here with a 72 fastback. Remember to post any questions you come up with! There's some guys on here that really know their stuff!:D

Back