My 429 Personalized Stats Report

TxBoss23

With a 429, 4 speed, and 4.11 you must get less than a thousand miles on a set of rear tires :)

Interesting report, it would be nice to have the last one.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Wow, I'll bet that car is fun to drive. Oh, wait...it is!

You should hear her now. The new exhaust sounds incredible! She is at a local shop getting the new carb installed, a full MSD ignition system upgrade and an overall tune up. Hopefully I'll have her back early next week and can find out just how much of a beast she really is!

Thanks again Kit for all the help in getting this car bought!

Remember to upload a video with the new exhaust system installed! That car sounds to be a lot fun to drive with that big block in front and the low gears in back :D

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

Just got this back from Marti yesterday. 1 of 2 built exactly like mine. I'm hoping they can help determine if my car was one of, or the last 429 built.

2ur73ih.jpg

Could you imagine if you tracked down the other one! ;)

Remember to upload a video with the new exhaust system installed! That car sounds to be a lot fun to drive with that big block in front and the low gears in back :D

I sure will. It actually doesn't have the original 4.11 gears, though it does have the #s matching 9" rear end. I believe it currently has 3.50s. Once I get it back and get some miles on it I'll decide for sure which route I want to go. Probably not all the way to 4.11s but around a 3.93.

Just got this back from Marti yesterday. 1 of 2 built exactly like mine. I'm hoping they can help determine if my car was one of, or the last 429 built.

Could you imagine if you tracked down the other one! ;)

That would really be something. But the chances it is even out there somewhere are pretty small. Actually finding it would be needle in a haystack worthy!

Guest Kit Sullivan

Joel, I can't wait to hear that new exhaust...I am sure it sounds like it looks now. Be sure to post a video once you get it back.

What size pipes and what mufflers did you go with?

With the new carb, the MSD and a fat tune-up that thing is really gonna' rock.

Man, if only I had the money, that thing would have stayed with me....:)

Whomever ordered that car had one thing in mind! Fast runs.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

This is your Dark Green Metallic fleet order J-code?

4:11's and a 429 in a rental car. Yep; greatest rental car ever. Wouldn't be surprised if the other duplicate to yours is also part of the same fleet order.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

This car was never a rental car. Would have been cool to rent this thing back in the day, though!

Sure makes one wonder what drove some eclectic fleet buyer to order this and at least 4 other cars though...

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

Best green IMO. How is freeway cruising with those gears? Are you above 3000 rpm?

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, you sure as Hell don't have time to do it right the second time.

Dutch uncle

The story with the car is that it was bought for drag racing and that the original engine was blown in the first few months.

The story with the car is that it was bought for drag racing and that the original engine was blown in the first few months.

Darn,

Sounds like a warranty issue. Should not have broken in just a couple months. Drag racing was covered under warranty. Of course it was!

Guest Kit Sullivan

With Joel's permission:

The original indeed failed within a few months of delivery and was replacd under warranty. That engine then failed 6 years later.

With Joel's permission:

The original indeed failed within a few months of delivery and was replacd under warranty. The engine failed 6 years later.

Kit,

Did the previous owner know if this car was the last or at least almost the last 429 Mach 1 produced that late in July 1971?

Guest Kit Sullivan

I spoke to him after it had been brought up as a possibility on this forum. He said the idea had never occured to him it could be the last one. Sure would be cool if it was!

I spoke to him after it had been brought up as a possibility on this forum. He said the idea had never occured to him it could be the last one. Sure would be cool if it was!

It would be cool. Since mine was born in September 1970, I always wondered how many were built before mine. Of the 1371 429 Mach 1's built it just would be nice to know where the known existing cars fell in sequence. I also want to know how many were built in each of the months just to see which month had the most built and which month had the fewest built.

I am only really curious about the 429 Mach's and not everything with a 429. I think you should call Kevin Marti up and find out for all of us! I will wait here by my Ipad!