Question on marty

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lfdsteve

Reaction score
My Car
71 Grande Bar find
Recieved Marty on one of my shells yesterday. No mention of Ac but I see 4 tubes comming out of firewall. 2 clamp fittings 2 threaded.

Not a ford guy but assuming threaded is for evaporator.

Can't seem to find serials on front frame. No interior cept dash. Looked at vin and rivets look original.

I do have a clear title for the dash anyway:). What you guys think.

Shell came from junk yard btw

Sounds like an A/C car with the four tubes...

You can check for the VIN stamped under center of front fenders both sides in the middle of fender on body sheet metal. You need to loosen bolts and pull center back about an inch to see. This should tell you what you need to know.

Let us know what you find.

Recieved Marty on one of my shells yesterday. No mention of Ac but I see 4 tubes comming out of firewall. 2 clamp fittings 2 threaded.

Not a ford guy but assuming threaded is for evaporator.

Can't seem to find serials on front frame. No interior cept dash. Looked at vin and rivets look original.

I do have a clear title for the dash anyway:). What you guys think.

Shell came from junk yard btw
Interesting...Did you check the vin under the fender? you have to take the fender off to see it... That is the only way to be sure...The dash one is easy to replace.

Take some pics of it too...Mite be aftermarket or possibly done later in its life when the car was moved to a hotter climate " just runing by some guesses" lol ...But to be sure you need to check the vin under the fender.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone take a pic and circle where I should be looking? Front structure is under coated so didn't see anything obvious. I assume we r talking behind the front fender not on the front fenders (as I don't have any).

Tnx

Center of fender on body sheet metal...either side has it.

2la99qx.jpg

Well they match on both sides. I suppose they could have welded a new front end on but at least I have a match. Still doesn't explain the ac though...

Steve

Do you have one or two fresh air openings under the dash, in the cowl area?

-Kurt
Will have to check that out.

Tnx
Sounds good. Also a possibility that they swapped that too. Look for MIG or TIG plug welds.

-Kurt

Well they match on both sides. I suppose they could have welded a new front end on but at least I have a match. Still doesn't explain the ac though...

Steve

This pic has a factory A/C firewall - it has the A/C - heater hose cut out and the round vacuum line hole

Do the shock tower numbers match the dash / title ?

Steve

This pic has a factory A/C firewall - it has the A/C - heater hose cut out and the round vacuum line hole

Do the shock tower numbers match the dash / title ?
Yep, title matches dash matches all the front end vin stampings.

Was going to use it for the base shell of my restomod. A bit concerned as to authenticity at this point but I have clear title and all the vins. What else is there? It's a front end total btw and nothing but a shell...

Back