Just something to share

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just an off topic discussion to share. As I've posted before, I am in the process of trying to sell my Mach. The real motivation is because I am trying to put myself in a better finacial position for things to come with both the lady and near future in general. However, my desire for being around classic cars and car shows isn't gonna go away that easy nor do I want it to. My dad has had a lot of cars in his life, many of which I know he wishes he still had. (I'm sure most of us can relate). But I know one he told me about was a 1979 Corvette. He had a black one and the story goes that one weekend while he was away, his wife at the time (ex-wife now and not my mom, lol) was approached by a man who saw the corvette sitting outside. He offered her some money (idk the amount) and she ended up selling it to him. Well my dad comes home a few hours later and well....I'm sure you can guess how that went. I don't believe that was the reason for the divorce but who knows. This was bout six years before I was born....but anyways, to keep my hobby of cars going, I am now on the hunt for a '79 vette. Not the most popular year so thankfully they aren't too much money. So the plan is to keep my eye out for one as I continue to sell my stang, and just maybe surprise him around the holidays with it. I will keep you all posted.

Hope it all works out for you. The 1 thing I will say is don't settle on a car that is a second choice just to fill a gap you will never be happy with it and what you spend along the way trying to make it ok would of been dollars down on what you really want,sometimes its better to go without for awhile to get what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Dad, I think what you want to do is a very nice gesture-I hope my kids never attempt to emulate it though.

If it was that important to your father, don't you think he would have pursued it on his own?

Nothing on earth makes me happier than seeing my children happy and doing well.

To see them give up something on my behalf, would weigh heavily on me.

Perhaps you should consider talking with your Dad before you do something of this magnitude.

Just an off topic discussion to share. As I've posted before, I am in the process of trying to sell my Mach. The real motivation is because I am trying to put myself in a better finacial position for things to come with both the lady and near future in general. However, my desire for being around classic cars and car shows isn't gonna go away that easy nor do I want it to. My dad has had a lot of cars in his life, many of which I know he wishes he still had. (I'm sure most of us can relate). But I know one he told me about was a 1979 Corvette. He had a black one and the story goes that one weekend while he was away, his wife at the time (ex-wife now and not my mom, lol) was approached by a man who saw the corvette sitting outside. He offered her some money (idk the amount) and she ended up selling it to him. Well my dad comes home a few hours later and well....I'm sure you can guess how that went. I don't believe that was the reason for the divorce but who knows. This was bout six years before I was born....but anyways, to keep my hobby of cars going, I am now on the hunt for a '79 vette. Not the most popular year so thankfully they aren't too much money. So the plan is to keep my eye out for one as I continue to sell my stang, and just maybe surprise him around the holidays with it. I will keep you all posted.
I admire your heart. I don't think you will go wrong in whatever you decide. This may not be helpful but I believe that God rewards generosity and service to ones family. You are considering both. I would start by talking to dad.

Back