New air intake setup version 1.0

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang sportsroof - 351c 2v - fmx trans.
Hello everyone. Well since our sportsroof came with a flat hood a ram air system was pretty much out so we decided to install some type of fresh air intake system. We ended up going with an 85 mustang 5.0 H.O. dual smorkel system ran to the fender wells and must say the car picked up alot coming from the 13" ford racing open air cleaner I was running before. I will add a couple little decals to it to dress it up a little but over all I'm very happy with it and the results.

Looking good and think it is going to perform really nice too. I think it's a great upgrade to do, you are getting cold air constantly. I want to do something similar on my car, just with some tubes there are going in the front some where.. :)

Both me and this Ford guy like it!

1hysfs.jpg

Thanks everyone, the almost stock look is what I am going for under the hood of our stang. With winter here I will probably go ahead and use the flappers and fab up some exhaust heat risers for cold weather drivability and in warmer weather just unhook the vacuum line and run it fenderwell only. I should have some new decals for the air cleaner tomorrow and will update with better pics soon.

Both me and this Ford guy like it!

1hysfs.jpg
I do love this forum... You really never know when reading a random post will make you laugh out loud. My bride just looks at me sometimes with "that" look and shakes her head. Some of you guys really crack me up. Thanks Moto...

Hey Mike,

That really does look great. Awesome job!! Can you please post more pictures of how you routed them out to the wheel wells. Thanks...

Thanks everyone, the almost stock look is what I am going for under the hood of our stang. With winter here I will probably go ahead and use the flappers and fab up some exhaust heat risers for cold weather drivability and in warmer weather just unhook the vacuum line and run it fenderwell only. I should have some new decals for the air cleaner tomorrow and will update with better pics soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again everyone, I definately thought about getting the 5.8 H.O. decal for the lid but ended up ordering a 351C 2v instead, that may change lol. I will take a couple of pics soon showing how the tubes enter the fenderwells:)

Back