My first Mustang and how it happened in high school

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q Code Convertible
I came across this pic and thought I would post how my first Mustang came about. I was working in a German auto repair shop pumping gas and one of the regular clients came in to have his Mercedes repaired. I overheard him talking with one of the mechanics that he had a 71 Mustang that ran terrible and he had been advised somewhere that there was an issue with the engine. He asked the mechanic if he could bring down and put on the lot with a for sale sign. The next day he drives up in the car and it is barely running and misfiring and since this shop only worked on German cars no one was going to diagnose the problem. I was 17 at the time which would have been 1975 so the car was 4 years old with 38k miles. I asked him what he was going to sell it for and he said $450 since it had engine trouble. Needless to say, I bought it right then and later that day we brought it in the shop and put on the scope and figured out it had two bad plug wires. Replaced them and it ran like new.

Was a 71 Mach 1 with white exterior and white interior, 351 2V with air and fold down seat. May have had other stuff but don't remember. First thing I did was replace wheels, cut hole in roof for the sunroof, spray dyed interior black and paint it red. The good old days.

26099pz.jpg

Back