floorpan support

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travi16

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang Mach 1
SHould the floor pan support be weld to the floor pan. On my car someone has replaced the floor pan in the past and under the car there is a gap between the floor pan and floor pan support.I'm not sure what else could be going on.

SHould the floor pan support be weld to the floor pan. On my car someone has replaced the floor pan in the past and under the car there is a gap between the floor pan and floor pan support.I'm not sure what else could be going on.
Check out page 3 of "Grabber Green 71 mach 1 restomod."

It looks like they are spot welded.

There should be spot welds form support to the floor pan flush and yes your probably right it sounds like someone that replaced the floor pan probably cut it a little too short and didn't match the arch perfectly leaving the gap in between the pan and the support.

As mdunlap said check out my grabber green mach build thread. They are spot welded every inch and a half or so along the frame rails and across the front half where it meets the firewall.

Back