Windshield Decal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73' Mustang Hardtop- 302 2v V8
Have you guys ever thought about putting a windshield decal on your car? I figure it is just vinyl and would be easy to take off with a razor blade and heat gun.

I was playing with a decal maker using "7173Mustangs.com" I wish I could see it on a 73 coupe.

The one I made can be found HERE

Do you think it'll look cheesy? I have seen some cars with them on and thought they looked good. I know some people would never do it and some people may.

But I thought the idea of this website on a decal would be cool. They are cheap I may just order it and lay it on to see what it'll look like before any gluing.

Have you guys ever thought about putting a windshield decal on your car? I figure it is just vinyl and would be easy to take off with a razor blade and heat gun.

I was playing with a decal maker using "7173Mustangs.com" I wish I could see it on a 73 coupe.

The one I made can be found HERE

Do you think it'll look cheesy? I have seen some cars with them on and thought they looked good. I know some people would never do it and some people may.

But I thought the idea of this website on a decal would be cool. They are cheap I may just order it and lay it on to see what it'll look like before any gluing.
I had "Mustang" preceded by a pony on my '69 Sportsroof. It had to be stock as old as it looked. It felt like concrete and was off-white. I don't mind the look for a non-decal/accented car like yours. My '69 was black jade in color and no other decals. I'll post a picture later.
images

Last edited by a moderator:
I had "Mustang" preceded by a pony on my '69 Sportsroof. It had to be stock as old as it looked. It felt like concrete and was off-white. I don't mind the look for a non-decal/accented car like yours. My '69 was black jade in color and no other decals. I'll post a picture later.
images

I like that. I am surprised there no one else has commented yet. Please do post a pick I would love to see it on. I don't know if I would go with black or white. I am leaning towards black because of my black hood scoop.

I like that. I am surprised there no one else has commented yet. Please do post a pick I would love to see it on. I don't know if I would go with black or white. I am leaning towards black because of my black hood scoop.
Here it is. I sold her to help Marissa with college. :heart:

MarcandMustang 001.jpg

Previous Owner put Mach I stripes on it which I took off shortly after this photo.

In the eighties or nineties there was a 'Motorosport' one that had several colored ponies, one matched my light blue and I thought about putting in on my windshield but never did.

Personally - for our cars - not a fan of these windshield stickers.

Small quarter window stickers - pretty cool. I especially like the self adhesive reverse mount (inside glass) properties if possible.

Guess I have had to scrape too may stupid stickers off cars I was selling. Bumper stickers and company parking stickers that were commonly stuck to bumpers really suck/stuck!!!

Ray

A word of advise... black decals on glass may be... disappointing.

It pretty much disappears due to the dark/shadow inside the cabin.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder. I've made and installed at least a thousand of these back in the day ('90's-early 2K's).

If installing decals on the inside of glass, remember that whatever color you use will not be as vivid as it will be when on the outside. Glass has "color" (greenish tint), even though it outwardly appears clear.

If using any type of font that is not connected (such as a script or logo), I have an easy method to install with using only masking tape, scissors and a squeegee to keep it from looking "frowny".

Clean the glass before installing with simple soapy water solution.

Application fluid is not usually required, it actually makes it much more difficult to install.

Well, we will see. I got black because I was scared the white would look off. I could have picked "burnt orange" which may have matched my paint but for some reason black is the only one I felt would match. We will see how it looks before I put it on. It was cheap so I am not too worried about it. I am sure Ill find somewhere else to put it.

Realized I never updated this. It was the first time I have ever put decals on anything. It was a little hard for me to reach the middle of the windshield because I am only like 5'1", but I managed. I think it came out pretty good.

Not sure how long it will be staying on the car, I haven't gotten a chance to really drive the car with it on since I applied it before I covered the car for the season. I like it, but at the same time I don't.

These pictures were taken on a cloudy day, I think that makes me not like them as much as I would if I saw the car all shiny in the sun seeing the color is a hundred times different in the sun.

20141220_092808_zps49a730b9.jpg

Decal%201_zpsgywwryqe.jpg

Opinions on the matter please, keep in mind gloomy weather tends to make everything look bad lol. Maybe Ill take a shot soon in the sun.

Back