1971 Boss

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
Well, I do not know much about the value of a 71' boss, but I suppose someone who knows what they are doing and who has plenty of resources to get the job done would enjoy restoring a car in this state. I wish I could, just so I could bring a car back to life and away from rotting to the ground. However, that car clearly needs a lot of work. Personally, id rip my hair out trying to find a place for all those little parts that come with it lol!

Most likely buying for the VIN tag and title to reassign (illegally) to another body.

Several years ago, I watched a Tiger close at auction at just under $10K. It was in worse shape than this Boss, and didn't include nearly the amount of small parts either. Restored value wasn't there... the math just didn't make sense.

Most likely buying for the VIN tag and title to reassign (illegally) to another body.

Several years ago, I watched a Tiger close at auction at just under $10K. It was in worse shape than this Boss, and didn't include nearly the amount of small parts either. Restored value wasn't there... the math just didn't make sense.

Yep unfortunately many think you can just buy a Sunbeam Alpine and turn it into a Tiger pretty easily. But is is not that easy at all.

And our cars can get jacked up pretty easily.

That Boss looks like it was pulled out of a flood and just left to dry outside in the Iowa weather. Sad. Too far gone to bring back in my book.

Ray

Sweet Jesus!!! That car looks like it's been at the bottom of Lake Michigan for the last 20 years!

Wow. If I was rich or won the lottery, I would save it. But since I an neither, hope the bidders are serious.

By the way, what does the ad mean by a yellow Mach 1 is grafted onto the front? I understand what is meant by it, but the pictures seem to show that the grafted part is literally the firewall, cowl, a-pillars, and possibly the torque boxes. Is this what the seller means? Seems like an unusual place to graft a car together?

Edit: looking at the interior pics, it looks like the car is welded across the middle of the floor pan and rocker. Am I seeing that correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back