Doesn't look like a good day to take the vert out

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
There's a pickup and SUV somewhere under there. Not a good day to take a ride in the 73 vert.....LOL! And the prediction is for another two feet tonight!

DSCN1979.JPG

DSCN1984.JPG

Wow... that looks amazing. Not sure how you guys do it up north. I did get caught up in Jersey back in 1996 (I think) when we had 4 feet of snow, that was crazy. I'm way too old for that now. I was born and raised in NJ, but have been living down south for a long time. We've had a few mornings in the 20s, but it will be back up in the 60s soon. Also looks like you need to sweep the snow off your roof!! Good luck and stay warm.

It's been an interesting 24 hrs. Not sure what is going to happen in the next few days, but Ralph Wilson stadium (Bflo Bills) is about 4 miles away and has the same amount of snow. Since they are supposed to host a game Sunday, it could get interesting on how they plan to clear the stadium and parking lots. On the other hand, the way they are playing, they could forfeit the game and it would be the same result as playing...

It's been an interesting 24 hrs. Not sure what is going to happen in the next few days, but Ralph Wilson stadium (Bflo Bills) is about 4 miles away and has the same amount of snow. Since they are supposed to host a game Sunday, it could get interesting on how they plan to clear the stadium and parking lots. On the other hand, the way they are playing, they could forfeit the game and it would be the same result as playing...
So I just rec'd voicemail from friend saying a newscaster explained that the Bills are looking for at least 500 snowshovelers to clear the stadium.

He noted they estimate over 220 tons of snow are in the stadium itself.

The the ditzy blonde talking head responded: "Oh, they have a scale under the stadium?"

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a pickup and SUV somewhere under there. Not a good day to take a ride in the 73 vert.....LOL! And the prediction is for another two feet tonight!
WOW, that's a lot of snow, it's also a lot of weight on a flat roof, hopefully it doesn't compact then get more snow on it.

WOW, that's a lot of snow, it's also a lot of weight on a flat roof, hopefully it doesn't compact then get more snow on it.
Yeah, no kidding. It certainly looks all nice and fluffy... but I'm sure it weighs a ton - quite possibly "literally."

Good luck with it!

I know, I tossed my jacket into the truck at lunch time because it was gettin' close to 70.

"Average snow may weigh 15 pounds per cubic foot and drifted compacted snow may weigh 20 pounds or more."

For those who require more definitive information: http://pajk.arh.noaa.gov/Articles/articles/snowloads.pdf

Looks like we are going to see how well I designed the garage framing. Better be good since there is are 73 and 69 verts underneath all that.

Time to break out the bourbon...!!!

That's a lot of snow! Reminds me of a blizzard we had back in the 70's. We had to tunnel out of our house through a drift that was about 9 feet tall. Good thing we had a covered porch, or we wouldn't have been able to open the screen door. A kind hearted snow plow driver did our driveway for us when he saw us trying to clear our driveway.

I was maybe 13 or 14 years old. The average depth was a little over 2 feet, with some drifts as high as the gutters on the first floor. We had a blast making igloo-like snow forts by piling up snow then digging tunnels into the pile.

They are willing to pay $10.00 per hour and free tickets to the game if you help them shovel out

Now I remember why I live in Texas, a couple of years ago we got a couple of inches. All kidding aside, put a way the glasses and break out the bottle. Stay inside.

Thursday afternoon - snow started again this morning and is coming down about 3" hr. I sure would not want to own a convertible and have it parked outside right about now. I'm not sure the top frame could handle the weight.

Photo is my wife's Rav4 when I broke it loose from the snow-pack this afternoon. The snow was solidly compacted around it and on top. I was breaking loose 40 - 50 lb chunks the size of one of our 71-73 fuel tanks to clear it off the top of the vehicle. Getting low on bourbon so I hope the driving ban is lifted in the next day in order to re-stock the bar !

DSCN2011.JPG

Thanks for all the support....

Back