Just bought my first car.

Augie

Hello everyone, my name is Augie. I just recently bought a 1971 Grande with a 302. The guy I bought it from said that his friend pulled the motor out of it and put it in an F-150. Then, the guy I bought it from bought both the car and the truck from him and took the engine back out of the truck and set it in the car.

So far I have managed to get the proper fly wheel and torque converter for the car and installed the engine back into the car.

I'm from a little Swedish town of about 3500 people in central Kansas. Currently attending welding school working towards an associates degree.

10355005_10152780887494070_1940675619203237559_n.jpg.f2395e84c4a7a93b4d78e85d25926d4a.jpg

Looks like you have a great project to hone your skills. Good luck with your new ride.

Bright lime 72 Mach 1 with 351C 4V, with summit 600 carb(have a Holley too), Edelbrock dual-plane manifold, Hooker headers, 3 inch exhaust with flowmasters, 17 inch Eleanor wheels, FMX tranny, A/C, P/S, front disks and 350 rear gear. Drive it to work every day.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Glad to have you here, and welcome aboard!

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Welcome from Denmark and good luck with your project! :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

Hello everyone, my name is Augie. I just recently bought a 1971 Grande with a 302. The guy I bought it from said that his friend pulled the motor out of it and put it in an F-150. Then, the guy I bought it from bought both the car and the truck from him and took the engine back out of the truck and set it in the car.

So far I have managed to get the proper fly wheel and torque converter for the car and installed the engine back into the car.

I'm from a little Swedish town of about 3500 people in central Kansas. Currently attending welding school working towards an associates degree.

::welcome::::beer::::congrats::::beer::::beer::::beer::You're getting the right kind of degree and the right kind of car to practice on. (in a good way) as well, anyother way of body restoration is very expensive to farm out.
1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

::welcome:: from Bundaberg Australia. Good project when its done you will have a great sense of pride knowing your efforts made it what you want.

He has all the vices I admire and none of the virtues I despise

Welcome from eastern Tennessee! ::welcome::

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Welcome to the forum from WA! Make sure to post any questions/findings/comments on here that you have as it can enrich the collective knowledge of these great cars. :D

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, you sure as Hell don't have time to do it right the second time.

Dutch uncle