1971 Polyurethane Bumper Tag

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach I
The other day, I was doing some heavy duty detailing and removed by front bumper. On the back side, I found a "Qualtiy Acceptance" tag. Being the original owner of my car I knew that the bumper had never been off of the car before. Never seen one of these before. Anyone else come across this?:run_horse:

Mach Front Bumper Tag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The other day, I was doing some heavy duty detailing and removed by front bumper. On the back side, I found a "Qualtiy Acceptance" tag. Being the original owner of my car I knew that the bumper had never been off of the car before. Never seen one of these before. Anyone else come across this?:run_horse:
Anyone found out if the original dies are still around? 71 Urethanes are getting more and more scarce.

Well, I guess I found my answer. http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100111/GJBUSINESS_01/701119999

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone found out if the original dies are still around? 71 Urethanes are getting more and more scarce.

Well, I guess I found my answer. http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100111/GJBUSINESS_01/701119999
Great info!!! Just out of curiosity, I had send an email to the city of Farmington asking for more info on the the Davidson Rubber Co. Yes the company (buildings) may be gone, but the dies are durable, maybe just maybe the dies could be setting somewhere. Who knows, if the dies still exists, maybe a company like Scott Drake would be interested in them. Stranger things have happened as there seems to be a growing interest in the 71-73 stangs.

Great info!!! Just out of curiosity, I had send an email to the city of Farmington asking for more info on the the Davidson Rubber Co. Yes the company (buildings) may be gone, but the dies are durable, maybe just maybe the dies could be setting somewhere. Who knows, if the dies still exists, maybe a company like Scott Drake would be interested in them. Stranger things have happened as there seems to be a growing interest in the 71-73 stangs.
UPDATE: --------------------------------------------------------------

Received a reply from the Farmington town spokes person:

"That company (Davidson Rubber Co) is no longer in business. They were sold to Textron in the '80's then to Collins and Aikman who eventually went bankrup. They had plants in Dover N.H. Hope this is helpful". - so.....if here is a trail to find out if dies still exists...

Mac

Was wondering if you still had the sticker available or if you placed it back on the vehicle? If you could provide some scale by placing a ruler next to it that would be very useful. I may try and see if I can reproduce one so paper color and a close-up of the font would be very helpful as well. Thank you

Back