4r70w and 351c. what headers fit?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang convertible(some day)
We got my engine in and trans in so I need to sort out the headers. I know I can make shorties work but anyone have long tubes with the 4r70w/351c pair. If so what are you running and were there any issues?

Thanks,

Jim

I have used both Hooker Competition

And the Super Competition headers, excellent fit on both. No rubbing anywhere.

The super comps are closer the ground due to bigger and longer pipes and a larger collector, totally unnecessary for a street car.

6915 and the larger 6211

http://www.summitracing.com/search/year/1972/make/ford/model/mustang/brand/hooker-headers?N=4294950314%2B4294951343%2B4294951333%2B400390&SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=351c%20headers
This came up on another thread. The hooker have a disclaimer that they don't fit cars with power steering?

Can someone tell me if the pan on 4r70w is wider or narrower than the pan on an aod.

I've got long tubes similar to the pic, I'm worried I'll get a phone call any second to tell me "you better come down"

Going from fmx to aod.

they look good man! do you have the rest of the exhaust to go on. i had ed hanson out in spring valley do my piping including the x pipe and mufflers and tips for under $700. they do good work.

they look good man! do you have the rest of the exhaust to go on. i had ed hanson out in spring valley do my piping including the x pipe and mufflers and tips for under $700. they do good work.
Not Yet. There is a place called Richard Performance Mufflers in Ocean side that I was going to go with. Still have a lot of work left before I get the rest of the exhaust.

Not Yet. There is a place called Richard Performance Mufflers in Ocean side that I was going to go with. Still have a lot of work left before I get the rest of the exhaust.
yeah i feel ya...

Can someone tell me if the pan on 4r70w is wider or narrower than the pan on an aod.

I've got long tubes similar to the pic, I'm worried I'll get a phone call any second to tell me "you better come down"

Going from fmx to aod.

AOD and 4R70W share exactly the same casting with the exception of 4R70W has the bell housing lengthened 1 in. extra.

Tubo

Back