Picked up a 71 in CT

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from CA!

Nice Car!

I'd like to see more photos including that clutch damage!

I have never seen an exploded pressure plate or disc.

Good luck with your build lots of good people here to offer advise.

Sharp looking ride! Did you get 'a deal' since the clutch was probably bad? ;)
Picked it up for $3200, I think it was a deal, but once I see if it starts and how it runs. fingers crossed! There isn't any rust on it, framed reinforced, blasted and coated new,springs, shocks,brakes, panels look good, wires, air cleaner, distributor all look new. I figured even if the engine needed work or a swap it was still worth it for 3200 but the kid I bought it from says it ran great before the clutch explosion. Come on parts! tHANKS EVERYBODY FOR THE WELCOMES!

Welcome from West Texas! Good lookin' car!! ::thumb::

Bummer on the clutch and bell-housing - that's what we call "Grenaded" in the Off-Road world. ;)

Hopefully, it'll just be a matter or replacing the grenaded parts and go from there. Good luck with it!

Welcome

looks like the pressure plate exploded as it sheared off the bolts in the flywheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Mustang, Oklahoma. An absolute bargain. Did it take the input shaft out as well? Chuck

Welcome from Mustang, Oklahoma. An absolute bargain. Did it take the input shaft out as well? Chuck

Input shaft looks good. I thought it was a bargain also. Had to convince the wife though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back