Happy Thanksgiving!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
Since many will be leaving, traveling for Thanksgiving just wanted to tell everyone to be safe and not eat (or drink) too much!

I'm definitely thankful for this forum. All you on here make it enjoyable.

Keep up the good work! :p

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Turkey_axe.jpg

Mustang Thanksgiving.jpg

Ray

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm already cooking, LOL!

We're having it at our house this year. I just got done preparing the brine... Will put the thawed turkey in the iced-down brine tomorrow, and let it soak for a good 24 hours. Then will cook the turkey on Wednesday, so all I have to do on Thursday is put it in a 250 degree oven for 30 minutes before feast time.

I'm also making spiced peaches, "make ahead" mashed potatoes, and will do the gravy once the turkey is done.

I LOVE to cook!!!! keeps me off the streets.

I hear there's going to be a big snow/rain storm on the east coast all along I95. Be safe out there if you're going to Grandma's house.

I do hope everyone has a safe and blessed Thanksgiving. I know we all sometimes lose sight of just how blessed we are, this is a good time of year to remind ourselves of that. My twin brother and his son will be here tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with us... Can't wait! Take care all...

Happy Thanksgiving!

We're having it at our house this year. I just got done preparing the brine... Will put the thawed turkey in the iced-down brine tomorrow, and let it soak for a good 24 hours. Then will cook the turkey on Wednesday, so all I have to do on Thursday is put it in a 250 degree oven for 30 minutes before feast time.

I'm also making spiced peaches, "make ahead" mashed potatoes, and will do the gravy once the turkey is done.

Hey CZ,

I started brining my turkey last year, it really came out much juicer. Just curious about your recipe you use. I'm thinking of using one of these this year:

http://www.spiceislands.com/HolidayKits.aspx

The cook ahead turkey sounds like a good idea. Does that have any negative effects on the turkey flavor or juiciness?

Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
And to you all. I will miss another Thanksgiving home unfortunately being stuck here working in Korea but will fly home Christmas Eve for a few weeks of R&R.

I do hope everyone has a safe and blessed Thanksgiving. I know we all sometimes lose sight of just how blessed we are, this is a good time of year to remind ourselves of that. My twin brother and his son will be here tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with us... Can't wait! Take care all...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey CZ,

I started brining my turkey last year, it really came out much juicer. Just curious about your recipe you use. I'm thinking of using one of these this year:

The cook ahead turkey sounds like a good idea. Does that have any negative effects on the turkey flavor or juiciness?

Thanks...
For brine, I use a gallon of vegetable broth, a cup of kosher salt, tablespoon of peppercorns, half tablespoon of whole allspice, half cup of brown sugar, and a teaspoon of ground ginger.

After the turkey cools a bit, I remove the breasts, legs, thighs and wings,, and arrange them on a baking pan, cover it in foil and refrigerate. Then about 45 minutes before eating time, debone the thighs, slice the breasts and the thighs against the grain, then cover with the foil and put into a 250 degree oven for 30 minutes... Comes out awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey CZ,

Thanks...
For brine, I use a gallon of vegetable broth, a cup of kosher salt, tablespoon of peppercorns, half tablespoon of whole allspice, half cup of brown sugar, and a teaspoon of ground ginger.

After the turkey cools a bit, I remove the breasts, legs, thighs and wings,, and arrange them on a baking pan, cover it in foil and refrigerate. Then about 45 minutes before eating time, debone the thighs, slice the breasts and the thighs against the grain, then cover with the foil and put into a 250 degree oven for 30 minutes... Comes out awesome!
Thanks CZ, that sounds like an awesome brine and "process". I like the idea of freeing the oven. I'm Italian and we always like to cook an Italian dish with the turkey, either lasagna or baked ziti. I heard a lot of different ways to brine and what to use, but I also heard it's a good idea to dry out the turkey after brining for a day before cooking. Sounds like we'll have to start cooking on 1 Nov!! Thanks again... Happy Turkey Day!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, my friends here on the site. Stay safe, enjoy precious time with friends and family, and take a minute to really reflect on the meaning of Thanksgiving.

And we're all meeting at CZ's place for dessert!

You are all welcome to come and join the feast!

Today, I will cook the turkey, make-ahead mashed potatoes, and make gravy.

Already have the spiced peaches made... the longer they sit in the fridge the better they get!

My oldest sister is bring rolls, pies and stuffing. My other sister is bringing jello salad and a sweet potato casserole that is so good it could be desert! My niece is bringing sweet corn.

Happy thanksgiving to all!

I'm thankful for the original 73 motor mount that came in the mail today

I'm thankful that my wife didn't see the other parts that arrived in the last few days

i'm thankful to be able to drive my hotrod whenever I feel the need

I'm thankful for the good people on this website and all the information

Amen

Oh and I'm thankful for Budlight!

Happy Thanksgiving all! We have much to be thankful for. I wish for each happiness, good food, love from our families and friends, and good health.

Back