Pray for my City

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolandmhall

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Coupe - Restomod
So this Michael Brown/Darren Wilson Verdict came back and they are announcing tonight sometime.

I love this town, was born here, and I hate to see what's going on. I never thought I'd see the day when sides were taken in ST. Louis over color.

It's sad what's going on.

If you don't live here, it's really hard to describe how things have changed.

I meant to say "Pray" not "Pay."

Sorry just a little shook right now.

It's sad that I'm at home cleaning and taking inventory while my dad and uncles are at home doing the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is indeed a sad, sad thing to watch even from a distance. BTW, I think you meant to title your thread as "Pray" for my city, not "Pay" for my city. In reality, though, we'll be doing both.

Unfortunately it is not just your city that will be or possibly will be affected by this. Large cities across the nation are preparing for protest. I hope for peaceful protest throughout our nation. If it is not peaceful here...we are ready.

I get angry that these actions are called "protests". The majority of those who join in the destruction and looting are not protesting anything...it is really just violent anger at not being able to do whatever you want without repercussions. Violent anger at being prevented from bringing harm to another person because you were stopped from violating someone else's rights.

If any of these "protestors" ( vandals and looters) were sincere in thier supposed wishes to prevent rights injustices, should'nt they be protesting those who rob people at 7-11 and those who attack police officers who are doing thier job?

I'm lucky that nothing of this scope has happened near me, for I would probably be doing the long stretch behind bars. If any "protestors" were ever to attack my family, attempt to vandalize or loot my businesses...there would be an ever-growing pile of lifeless ex-protestors littering up the place until I ran out of ammo.

Actually, I don't like the fact that I have this attitude. Our society has degraded so much in the last 50 years or so, it just disgusts me and breaks my heart. In a general sense, I feel like citizens like myself...working 70+ hours a week to support my family and to try and provide them and myself with a few well-earned rewards in life, trying to be a good neighbour by keeping my house in good repair and clean, trying to be a decent citizen by abiding by laws and paying taxes...all the back-breaking bullshit that each person must fairly endure to fuel the needs of a modern society.

To then have to just accept that those "protestors" who would rather steal, vandalize and kill so they can just take what they want is only going to encourage those types to increase thier immoral behaviour.

These situations demand a quick, decisive and complete action.

It is terrible for our country that our leadership is either too weak, disorganized or duplicitous ( probably a combo of all three) to mount the needed defense against such an infectious degrading of our civil society.

It disgusts me.

I want to pray for the city but my heart is angry and I don't feel comfortable taking an angry heart to God in prayer. On the other hand, I guess that is the best time to pray.

The thing that keeps sticking in my mind is that if these people that loot, burn, and break the law cared about anything but themselves (such as family, community, God) they would have a job to wake up for or be pounding the streets looking for one and wouldn't be up all night breaking the law and harming others in the first place.

If these people prayed, they wouldn't feel as if they were entitled to take, destroy, and hate. Either way, we will continue to pay for it. We will pay to feed them in prison. We will pay to feed their children while they are there. Or, if they aren't arrested, we will continue to feed them and diaper their offspring while they use their ill-gotten gains to support their beer, weed, and cigarette habit.

The protesting is nothing more than an opportunity for them to get their Christmas shopping done early and at no cost to themselves.

we will pray for everyone's safety.

They want to protest peacefully, I can under stand that, but why the looting, destruction of property, shooting, what does that prove? nothing, it just makes things worse.

I watched a live feed from one of the protestors. Right from the get go they were taunting the police. The person broadcasting the video kept accusing the police of having planted people in the crowd to throw rocks. She was also very upset at the media. I guess it never occurred to her that if she (and everyone else) had stayed home it wouldn't have been an issue.

I saw the picture of them looting the store that had been boarded up and had pictures of hands in the air. I guess showing support doesn't keep you from being looted. They burned down the gas station, a little Cesar's and some other stores.

I feel bad for the people who stayed home and will find out now that they can't get gas, food, pizza or whatever without driving some distance.

I also feel for the business owners. I don't know that I would try to start my business back up.

As a criminal justice student, I will not go in depth of my beliefs so I won't offend anyone. However, it does seem that many of us can agree that this is NOT peaceful protesting by any means. This has gotten way out of hand and disrupting the safety of the general public, and those who ARE actually peaceful protesters. I wish those who were committing those crimes realized they were setting a terrible example of themselves and others, who really were peaceful. I wonder how their actions will affect any further verdicts on similar cases.

I hope you (and innocent bystanders) stayed safe throughout the night.

And Kit, I agree with you 100%. We should have taken immediate action. These people are not protesters anymore, they are criminals. I am sure when thanksgiving break is over and I go back to school, we will be talking about this in all of my CJ classes. My criminology class will be very interesting Tuesday.. Its a shame that it is so close to thanksgiving, a holiday where people give thanks for what they have.

.... It is terrible for our country that our leadership is either too weak, disorganized or duplicitous ( probably a combo of all three) to mount the needed defense against such an infectious degrading of our civil society.

It disgusts me.
Like many, I share your disgust. I would say our current leadership goes so far as to encourage this behavior. They stoke the flames. It is disgraceful.

As I watched last night and knowing the temp was in the 30's and if I were in charge I would have used the police to guard every available fire truck and ordered those fire trucks to hose down everyone on the streets, all streets, until all have dispersed. I would have used the fire truck cannons and run the trucks up and down the streets alternating the vehicles so that as one runs low on water it could pull up to a hydrant to fill back up.

People would/could comply stay out side for a few minutes in the cold if they were soaking wet.

Riot? What riot?

Back