Pray for my City

rolandmhall

So this Michael Brown/Darren Wilson Verdict came back and they are announcing tonight sometime.

I love this town, was born here, and I hate to see what's going on. I never thought I'd see the day when sides were taken in ST. Louis over color.

It's sad what's going on.

If you don't live here, it's really hard to describe how things have changed.

I meant to say "Pray" not "Pay."

Sorry just a little shook right now.

It's sad that I'm at home cleaning and taking inventory while my dad and uncles are at home doing the same thing.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is indeed a sad, sad thing to watch even from a distance. BTW, I think you meant to title your thread as "Pray" for my city, not "Pay" for my city. In reality, though, we'll be doing both.

You'll be in our prayers. My wife was born and raised in St. Louis, and has 100's (literally) of relatives all over the greater St. Louis metro area.

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Unfortunately it is not just your city that will be or possibly will be affected by this. Large cities across the nation are preparing for protest. I hope for peaceful protest throughout our nation. If it is not peaceful here...we are ready.

Guest Kit Sullivan

I get angry that these actions are called "protests". The majority of those who join in the destruction and looting are not protesting anything...it is really just violent anger at not being able to do whatever you want without repercussions. Violent anger at being prevented from bringing harm to another person because you were stopped from violating someone else's rights.

If any of these "protestors" ( vandals and looters) were sincere in thier supposed wishes to prevent rights injustices, should'nt they be protesting those who rob people at 7-11 and those who attack police officers who are doing thier job?

I'm lucky that nothing of this scope has happened near me, for I would probably be doing the long stretch behind bars. If any "protestors" were ever to attack my family, attempt to vandalize or loot my businesses...there would be an ever-growing pile of lifeless ex-protestors littering up the place until I ran out of ammo.

Guest Kit Sullivan

Actually, I don't like the fact that I have this attitude. Our society has degraded so much in the last 50 years or so, it just disgusts me and breaks my heart. In a general sense, I feel like citizens like myself...working 70+ hours a week to support my family and to try and provide them and myself with a few well-earned rewards in life, trying to be a good neighbour by keeping my house in good repair and clean, trying to be a decent citizen by abiding by laws and paying taxes...all the back-breaking bullshit that each person must fairly endure to fuel the needs of a modern society.

To then have to just accept that those "protestors" who would rather steal, vandalize and kill so they can just take what they want is only going to encourage those types to increase thier immoral behaviour.

These situations demand a quick, decisive and complete action.

It is terrible for our country that our leadership is either too weak, disorganized or duplicitous ( probably a combo of all three) to mount the needed defense against such an infectious degrading of our civil society.

It disgusts me.

I want to pray for the city but my heart is angry and I don't feel comfortable taking an angry heart to God in prayer. On the other hand, I guess that is the best time to pray.

The thing that keeps sticking in my mind is that if these people that loot, burn, and break the law cared about anything but themselves (such as family, community, God) they would have a job to wake up for or be pounding the streets looking for one and wouldn't be up all night breaking the law and harming others in the first place.

If these people prayed, they wouldn't feel as if they were entitled to take, destroy, and hate. Either way, we will continue to pay for it. We will pay to feed them in prison. We will pay to feed their children while they are there. Or, if they aren't arrested, we will continue to feed them and diaper their offspring while they use their ill-gotten gains to support their beer, weed, and cigarette habit.

The protesting is nothing more than an opportunity for them to get their Christmas shopping done early and at no cost to themselves.

we will pray for everyone's safety.

They want to protest peacefully, I can under stand that, but why the looting, destruction of property, shooting, what does that prove? nothing, it just makes things worse.

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

I watched a live feed from one of the protestors. Right from the get go they were taunting the police. The person broadcasting the video kept accusing the police of having planted people in the crowd to throw rocks. She was also very upset at the media. I guess it never occurred to her that if she (and everyone else) had stayed home it wouldn't have been an issue.

I saw the picture of them looting the store that had been boarded up and had pictures of hands in the air. I guess showing support doesn't keep you from being looted. They burned down the gas station, a little Cesar's and some other stores.

I feel bad for the people who stayed home and will find out now that they can't get gas, food, pizza or whatever without driving some distance.

I also feel for the business owners. I don't know that I would try to start my business back up.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

As a criminal justice student, I will not go in depth of my beliefs so I won't offend anyone. However, it does seem that many of us can agree that this is NOT peaceful protesting by any means. This has gotten way out of hand and disrupting the safety of the general public, and those who ARE actually peaceful protesters. I wish those who were committing those crimes realized they were setting a terrible example of themselves and others, who really were peaceful. I wonder how their actions will affect any further verdicts on similar cases.

I hope you (and innocent bystanders) stayed safe throughout the night.

And Kit, I agree with you 100%. We should have taken immediate action. These people are not protesters anymore, they are criminals. I am sure when thanksgiving break is over and I go back to school, we will be talking about this in all of my CJ classes. My criminology class will be very interesting Tuesday.. Its a shame that it is so close to thanksgiving, a holiday where people give thanks for what they have.

.... It is terrible for our country that our leadership is either too weak, disorganized or duplicitous ( probably a combo of all three) to mount the needed defense against such an infectious degrading of our civil society.

It disgusts me.

Like many, I share your disgust. I would say our current leadership goes so far as to encourage this behavior. They stoke the flames. It is disgraceful.

Prayed last night, didn't help. How many protestors would there be for an unarmed white kid? 0

Live, Laugh, love

ECTA, Ohio mile Landspeed record holder

C/GALT-136.36, AA/FALT 159.38 mph, New B/GALT Record 180.577mph- speed is the need !

As I watched last night and knowing the temp was in the 30's and if I were in charge I would have used the police to guard every available fire truck and ordered those fire trucks to hose down everyone on the streets, all streets, until all have dispersed. I would have used the fire truck cannons and run the trucks up and down the streets alternating the vehicles so that as one runs low on water it could pull up to a hydrant to fill back up.

People would/could comply stay out side for a few minutes in the cold if they were soaking wet.

Riot? What riot?

spacer.png

Guest Kit Sullivan

The problem is that civil, rational people are trying to defend the public from irrational, animalistic vandals. These scumbags are not "protesters", they are domestic terrorists, plain and simple.

They should all be dealt with swiftly and harshly. Some stupid, easily-led "riot-mentality seduced" idiots who have no real concept of the real harm they are causing would probably add up to a lot of "collateral damage" fatalities, but maybe it would cause others to think before attempting incite civil unrest by Americans IN THIER OWN COUNTRY.

I have zero sympathy for any of those "protesting" assholes.

I still remember Reginald Denny, the unlucky truck-driver who had his skull smashed and suffered permanent brain damage all for his "crime" of doing his job and trying to drive his truck while the Rodney King "protesters" were destrkying everything in sight.

I have been praying for the rational folks there to take charge and discredit those that were waiting for an excuse to commit more crimes. I've seen this stuff before, Google the riots that happened in Miami FL back in the summer of 1980... crazy stuff. Those riots along with the Cuban Mariel Boatlift... my parents picked a great time to move us from NJ to Miami!! Lets all hope that the people that are stoking the flames stop and go back to DC...

1_24_09_13_4_29_06.png

Actually, I don't like the fact that I have this attitude. Our society has degraded so much in the last 50 years or so, it just disgusts me and breaks my heart. In a general sense, I feel like citizens like myself...working 70+ hours a week to support my family and to try and provide them and myself with a few well-earned rewards in life, trying to be a good neighbour by keeping my house in good repair and clean, trying to be a decent citizen by abiding by laws and paying taxes...all the back-breaking bullshit that each person must fairly endure to fuel the needs of a modern society.

To then have to just accept that those "protestors" who would rather steal, vandalize and kill so they can just take what they want is only going to encourage those types to increase thier immoral behaviour.

These situations demand a quick, decisive and complete action.

It is terrible for our country that our leadership is either too weak, disorganized or duplicitous ( probably a combo of all three) to mount the needed defense against such an infectious degrading of our civil society.

It disgusts me.

+1

This is the thing. I went to my parents house this morning and they live 6 blocks from canfield green apts. My family lives in Jennings one of 92 municipalities in the area. We lived on the same street since 1971 a year before I was born. The area looks like a damn war zone. My folks are both retired and tired. Cops everywhere thugs everywhere. But rest assured we are well prepared and maintain vilagence against any threat.

I live less than 4 miles from Ferguson

We are hardworking taxpaying God fearing Christians and I be damn if any thug shakes me off my ground.

So while all this is going on, in other parts of the city you can't find a cop. So what as citizens are we supposed to do. I tell you what everybody on my street is armed and ready. Guy across the street has a 71 Mach one and the guy down the street has an68 camaro ss. I live in a mixed neighborhood but most of us are longtime neighbors and we look out for each other.

Where I'm from cars ain't the only hobbies for us. Just like quality cars we make other quality purchases. No damn keltecs for us.......

If something went down the cops ain't coming to help. They are busy. Thugs prey on the weak and those with their eyes closed.

I've been awake for about 24 hrs and have to be at work at 6am. It is what it is

I ain't askin for a fight but I be damn if I run from one

I truly hope that all our forum friends stay safe and keep out of harms way during these challenging days.

Lets also keep this topic from venturing into the politics of the current events. There are bound to be Mustang fans on both sides of the debate and this just isn't the place for it. Wish and pray for safety but please don't take up side on the forum.

Thanks for understanding! :cool:

spacer.png

Barry is right, I think we can all agree that no matter what side you take in this situation, the bottom line is hundreds of lives have been disrupted over a damn box of cigars...hell I would have paid for them myself to avoid this. I will never understand what goes on in the minds of some people.