Finally Home

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
Guess what made found its way home today?

Three years ago we began the registration process and the car has been from shop, to body shop, to shop, etc. Today was the first time it has entered its own garage. I still have interior work to complete, but now if feels as if we've taken a big step. Now if I can hurry up and get home from work so I can enjoy the moment.

Mustang11-24-2014 small.jpgMustang11-24-2014-2 small.jpg

Thanks guys. I still have some interior work but I got to cruise the neighborhood tonight. You should have seen the number of thumbs ups I got.

One issue. My seat tracks are not locking into place. Not sure why.

Congrats! It does look good in "arrest me red". Seat track may be broken/missing spring. Keep up the good work. Chuck

Nice looking car. Details man, details. :)
Hi EdM. If you look around the site, you will find my rebuild journey. Basically it was my dad's original 1971 Fastback that sat on the farm for 20 years. We began the rebuild process a few years ago.

It's a M1 clone and nothing special (except to me). A simple 302, edelbrock intake/4v carb, and c4 trans. The ram air is functional and we converted it to front disc brakes. We touched or replaced everything on the car.

I have everything for the inside, but I still need to put in the carpet, cover/install seats, seatbelts, center console and roof/window interior trim. I have all the parts, but need the time to work on her.

Thanks guys. I still have some interior work but I got to cruise the neighborhood tonight. You should have seen the number of thumbs ups I got.

There is a small spring that pulls the lever back to lock it after it is released

Spring is weak, missing or broken

Might need a drop of oil on the latch pivot too

There is a small spring that pulls the lever back to lock it after it is released

Thanks Don. Can you get to the spring without taking the seat out?

Thanks Don. Can you get to the spring without taking the seat out?
Yes, there is a tab sticking out on the adjuster arm

Should be a 3 - 4 inch spring there

Move the adjuster handle - it should have tension and want to move back on its own

Don

Back