Grill for my Standard

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgonzo

Reaction score
My Car
72 standard
Will the Mach1 grill bolt up to my standard '72?? If not what will I need to make the swap?? Sorry if this has been asked a bunch but couldn't find anything using the search.... by the way, I need to replace what was on the car completely due to front end damage.....

thanks................jim

Will the Mach1 grill bolt up to my standard '72?? If not what will I need to make the swap?? Sorry if this has been asked a bunch but couldn't find anything using the search.... by the way, I need to replace what was on the car completely due to front end damage.....

thanks................jim
What model '72 do you have? Grande? Mach 1? Or something else?

A Mach 1 grille will bolt up but you need a different mounting bracket for the middle. In 72 some came with two brackets and some had only one bracket.

The new repro grilles have mounting holes that suit both single centre bracket and double centre bracket cars. For single bracket cars the four outside holes aren't used, for double bracket cars the two centre holes aren't used.

H1n6vgB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A Mach 1 grille will bolt up but you need a different mounting bracket for the middle. In 72 some came with two brackets and some had only one bracket.
All '72s are single bracket unless modified. Early-mid '71 is dual bracket.

-Kurt

All '72s are single bracket unless modified. Early-mid '71 is dual bracket.

-Kurt
Sorry, my mistake.

Sweet! It'll look great! Post pics when you get it installed. ::thumb::

Front end body rebuild Eric but I'm going to try to get it done this winter. Would love to pick your brain on parts sometime. Just posted what I will be looking for. Nice job on your car, by the way, turned out great....

Thanks, Man! It's been a journey, that's for sure. ;)

How much "rebuild" are you going for? Mine was so bad off it made more sense to replace the front clip than repair what was left - there were some major rust issues in the frame rails, and the cross-members were smashed because of the "air-time" when the previous owners were trying to out-do the Duke Boys.

If you're only needing the radiator cross-member and battery tray apron, you should be able to get the parts pretty easy - Dynacorn makes 'em now, and I honestly can't complain about their parts.

I'd also suggest watching the videos by Scott (QCode351Mach) at his website http://www.saturdaymorninggarage.com - he replaced the frame rails, aprons, repaired the shock towers, etc. on his '72, and it's the absolute correct way to do it - he's a high-end professional and has been kind enough to share his skills, knowledge, tips & tricks with us to make sure we do it right - his work is right up there with Foose and Count's Kustoms, if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back