Greetings from Sweden

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 with 460 engine, C6 automatic gearbox.
Hello everyone!

I bought my dream car last week, a yellow 1973 Mach 1! I've been in love with this car since I watched the original Gone In 60 Seconds movie from 1974. Former owners to my car have replaced the engine with a 460. Unfortunately the Ram Air have been removed. I am completely new to Mustangs so I have lots of things to learn!

The car is in pretty good condition, nothing compared to my old Celica Supra Mk2 that's a rust bucket! The only thing I have to sort out right now is electrical issues for instrument lights, courtesy lights, power windows, buzzers etc. A former owner have installed an aftermarket stereo and tampered with the wiring. I will have to take a look at that as well as replace some bad wiring to the turn signals. I also have to do someting with the exhaust as it's hanging very low. I am almost unable to go over speed bumps and almost got stuck last week trying to park it in the garage. Therefore I must park it outside until I get access to a new garage 1st of December. Winter is comming...

Sorry for the bad attached picture, I can post better pictures at a later time if anyone is interested. Also, sorry for any misspelled english.

Best regards

Thomas

20141118_182557.jpg

Welcome from West Texas! Nice lookin' car! ::thumb::

They removed the Ram Air plenum because the 460 takes up more room than the original 351 Cleveland.

Hello everyone!

I bought my dream car last week, a yellow 1973 Mach 1! I've been in love with this car since I watched the original Gone In 60 Seconds movie from 1974. Former owners to my car have replaced the engine with a 460. Unfortunately the Ram Air have been removed. I am completely new to Mustangs so I have lots of things to learn!

The car is in pretty good condition, nothing compared to my old Celica Supra Mk2 that's a rust bucket! The only thing I have to sort out right now is electrical issues for instrument lights, courtesy lights, power windows, buzzers etc. A former owner have installed an aftermarket stereo and tampered with the wiring. I will have to take a look at that as well as replace some bad wiring to the turn signals. I also have to do someting with the exhaust as it's hanging very low. I am almost unable to go over speed bumps and almost got stuck last week trying to park it in the garage. Therefore I must park it outside until I get access to a new garage 1st of December. Winter is comming...

Sorry for the bad attached picture, I can post better pictures at a later time if anyone is interested. Also, sorry for any misspelled english.

Best regards

Thomas
Thomas a warm welcome from Detroit. I'm also quite new to Mustangs and to this forum - both are outstanding!

Hi From Phoenix Arizona.

I am happy for you finding your dream car. It must be hard to find them over there. Good looking car too!

You found the right site to get all kinds of helpful friendly advice and lots of encouragement!

Back