Soda blast or ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason441

Reaction score
My Car
73 MACH1 Q code
Blue Glow Metallic and Argent
Been thinking about totally stripping the car and doing it right. Anyone ever had their car soda blasted or dry ice blasted?

I'm still getting used to welding but , man!, there are some good instructional videos and resources here!

I'm haveing trouble deciding how far I want to go to finish this 20 year project!

Gets overwhelming sometimes!

I had my daughter 77 stang soda blasted. They did a great job. Will get some pics of it tomorrow when I go over to the shop. The price wasn't that bad. Just make sure you pressure wash it good when ypu get it back.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually, the right thing to do is use several ways to strip off the paint and stuff... I dont like for example, sandblast the skins... Not familiar with sodablast or iceblast but the thing is i dont like to use anithing that crashes against the fragile skins... However, when it comes to the enginebay, floor Or stuff like that, sandblasting is my way to go from now on...

Hope it helps!!

Anyone have any experiences with acid dipping/stripping?
I think there may be one or two here who do:D
Now that is a rightous picture man ! I would have named that car "alcapuco Gold" !lol Hey I used to have Pannama red stickers on mine !! "No stems no seeds ",right? lol
EAsy now the man may be monitoring this:whistling:rofl

Usually, the right thing to do is use several ways to strip off the paint and stuff... I dont like for example, sandblast the skins... Not familiar with sodablast or iceblast but the thing is i dont like to use anithing that crashes against the fragile skins... However, when it comes to the enginebay, floor Or stuff like that, sandblasting is my way to go from now on...

Hope it helps!!
Damian's back!

Anyone have any experiences with acid dipping/stripping?
I think there may be one or two here who do:D
Oh, damn! Haha!

the problem with soda blasting is it only removes the paint it will not remove surface rust that is under your paint.

the guy doing the job will primer your beast before you pic it up and you may not know about the surface rust until its to late.

stripping is the way to go

Here are the pics of my daughters 77. I had this soda blasted about 6 yrs ago. Thankfully it has been in a climete controlled shop. I agree with Fank that stripping is the way to go. I had it soda blasted than took care of the rust. Saved a whole bunch of work.

Jim

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

Back