Home Made Switch Panel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolandmhall

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Coupe - Restomod
Been searching for just the right switch panel for the mustang.

The ones I liked were expensive ( 80 - 100 bucks) and not totally what I wanted.

So I made my own. Cost me $28.00 for parts and about 30 minutes of time.

When I wire and mount it, I'll install it in the compartment in the Center console, hidden under the armrest.

Next on the list, push button start.......

IMG_20141128_111750.jpg

IMG_20141128_123912.jpg

IMG_20141128_131917.jpg

Basic mockup is done and sat in the center console compartment.

The nice thing is the center console compartment is lined in carpet. So instead of drilling holes to mount the switch panel to the console, I can just use heavy duty velcro to keep it clean.....

141128_004.jpg

Cool! Looking good.. What are the switches going to be used for? :)
The 2 toggle switches on the right will be for electric fuel pump and water pump when I install next year

Nice. I will be putting in similar switches in place of the three small centre gauges above the stereo with a push button start as well.

Finished my project today. I cut a hole in the bottom of the console for the switches to drop into and wrapped it in carbon fiber to give it a clean look. I think it came out pretty nice. I like the look.

Ignition switch and Push Button Starter all wired up. Only thing left is the electric fan, and i'll do that when I get the $$.

141130_001.jpg

141130_005.jpg

141130_006.jpg

Wow, those look sharp. My question is: Why do you have switches and why not just tie the devices into a regular 12V switched power source?

I asked because there were 2 toggle switches in my Torino when I bought it and it seemed like more of a pain to have them. I removed them and added 2 separate relayed circuits (and a fused battery circuit) for a variety of things that were on the car and some that I've added: electric fuel pump, electric fan, electric choke, Billet II dizzy, radio, self dimming rear view mirror, radio amp, 5 gauges (volt, temp, vac, air/fuel, oil pressure), and tach.

I can see the value in having it as an anti-theft device for the dim-witted thief but I don't understand the purpose other than not running separate relayed circuits. Can anyone explain?

KR

Back