Radiator Support 1973 Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ls5czu

Reaction score
My Car
Mustang 1973 Convertible 351C 2V
Corvette 1970 Coupe 454
Charger 1974 Rallye 400 4V
Does anyone know the difference of the radiator support for a 1973 Coupe vs. convertible? It is said the the reproduction support will not fit the convertible. Now I have got one of these which I want to use it for my convertible and I don't see any difference. So will it work? Anyone has an idea?

Thanks Markus

mine was rotted out so i bought a replacement from cj pony and had no problems welding it in my convertible.

I have three rad supports hanging on the wall. They set on the same rails, perfectly stacked and aligned for comparsion. One is a NOS piece. One is a 71 convertible original that is 80% there, 20% has rusted away&gone, and a 71 coupe piece (a perfect original unit). I can't find any difference in them. Like you, I saw that note in the parts books several years age when doing the restoration on my vert. I saw no diff then, looked again today, still see no diff. All the holes/openings line up. All the contours are the same. There is a two digit number "65" which normally means "coupe" stamped on all three. It's adjacent to the rad opening.

Thanks everyone for all your information and hints. May it be, that the material thikness is different due to the fact, that the conv needs more stability? I measure slightly less thikness on the one i have got from NPD compared to the OEM.

Back