Radiator Support 1973 Convertible

ls5czu

Does anyone know the difference of the radiator support for a 1973 Coupe vs. convertible? It is said the the reproduction support will not fit the convertible. Now I have got one of these which I want to use it for my convertible and I don't see any difference. So will it work? Anyone has an idea?

Thanks Markus

Call Don at Ohio Mustang Supply, he is a member on this forum and can tell you anything about aftermarket parts for our cars.

Might be a pretty pricey call from Switzerland. :)

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

mine was rotted out so i bought a replacement from cj pony and had no problems welding it in my convertible.

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT*****KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE PEDAL

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

1999 mustang convertible white (sold)

1994 mustang convertible white (sold)

2008 ford edge copper

2006 cadillac cts radaint bronze

I have three rad supports hanging on the wall. They set on the same rails, perfectly stacked and aligned for comparsion. One is a NOS piece. One is a 71 convertible original that is 80% there, 20% has rusted away&gone, and a 71 coupe piece (a perfect original unit). I can't find any difference in them. Like you, I saw that note in the parts books several years age when doing the restoration on my vert. I saw no diff then, looked again today, still see no diff. All the holes/openings line up. All the contours are the same. There is a two digit number "65" which normally means "coupe" stamped on all three. It's adjacent to the rad opening.

Thanks everyone for all your information and hints. May it be, that the material thikness is different due to the fact, that the conv needs more stability? I measure slightly less thikness on the one i have got from NPD compared to the OEM.