1972 Mustang conv Marti

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
Finally posted the Marti report.

Ray

edit:

Here is an envelope showing letterhead from original dealership from back in the day...

72 conv Mustang dealer envelope a.jpg

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My word - an Exterior Decor Group car with factory stripes and no side moldings! I have NEVER seen that before. And it's a Q-code 4-speed convertible!

Ray, you've got a really unique one here!

FYI: Check your carpets, A-pillars, and wiring harnesses. I bet you'll find a few 1973 part numbers.

-Kurt

:cool:

Actually I have been enjoying seeing and learning more about everyone else's cars! Many really neat Mustangs on this site - from 6 cyl hardtops to R code 'verts and 429 CJ/SCJ cars!!!

Mine is just one variation of my favorite Mustangs!

Thanks for the nice comments.

Ray

Also looks like it was built at the very tail end of the model year. Could that be the last convertible built in 72?

What radio did it have? Did not see that on the Marti Report.

Mike,

I know it is a really late production car for 1972. When I got the car it had an aftermarket stereo. I added a killer Pioneer Supertuner back in 1977. I am really not sure but it has has door speakers with factory grills. The speakers WERE Ford 4x10's. At least that is what I remember. Now they are Pioneer speakers.

Ray, you should see if Kevin Marti has your orig "sales invoice" that would be cool to have with this car.
Already posted it a while back in the thread below.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-72-q-code-conv?pid=191294

Here it is again>

Very nice car(with a lot of nice options) BUT NO RADIO FROM THE FACTORY.The plain AM radio with one dash speaker was extra cost option, It would be on your MARTI REPORT. I still have my original AM radio in my 73 (which I am the original owner), but I never use it, I prefer to LISTEN TO MY 351CJ-4 SPEED WITH THE FACTORY EXHAUST with the top down of course!

Very nice car(with a lot of nice options) BUT NO RADIO FROM THE FACTORY.The plain AM radio with one dash speaker was extra cost option, It would be on your MARTI REPORT. I still have my original AM radio in my 73 (which I am the original owner), but I never use it, I prefer to LISTEN TO MY 351CJ-4 SPEED WITH THE FACTORY EXHAUST with the top down of course!
Yes I realized about the radio and because the car was ordered as equipped (RETAIL order type on the Marti), I believe it was ordered without a radio and the dealer probably put a radio in it. While doing some historical research, I have also heard the car was ordered and originally driven by the dealership owner's wife. Fortunately they were a local dealer so will try to confirm in writing asap. I noticed my Boss 351 was ordered the same way and in pictures of the Boss when it was new I don't see an antenna mounted. This must have been a common practice but I also wonder if that made the installation of a radio block-off plate mandatory???

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-boss-351-marti-plus

Ray

Wow Ray that's one sweet car. If I were ordering one new in 72 that's one I would have ordered. Q code and 4 speed, bright red convertible would be my choice.

Back