How do P335-30-20s look on a 72 mach1?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philt is conducting a super high-end restomod/conversion - this one will be electric when he's done, in addition to the performance and aesthetic mods he has planned... it's going to be right up there with the cars made by Ring Brothers and the Pegasus-caliber show cars.

Even though some of the things he's got planned aren't exactly my cup of tea, I can't wait to see how it all comes together. Who knows? Seeing it all done may change a few minds about certain things currently getting sideways glances. ;) :D

Having cutting-edge builds like this and the others, brings more attention to the '71-'73s, and when that happens, more people will bring more interest, then the vendors will start coming along for the ride with more reproduction pieces to help restore, keep 'em on the road, and looking good. It's win-win, really. ::thumb::

Hey Philt - I know the power plant is going to be a monster, but having such a wide tire footprint... won't that suck down a ton of power by dramatically increasing rolling resistance? Just thinking out loud - I know you're not building this thing for economy. rofl

image.jpgYou know I'm a fan!! These are 315's on a 20x12" hoop. My cup of tea. Can't wait to see this EV creation on the road. Nobody said economy had to hurt. This looks like a "have cake and eat it too" situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always hated this project's desecration of an original R code car when any sportsroof donor would have done just as well, so my opinions are rarely voiced as I doubt their objectivity-but, for the most part this project looks well planned, well executed and pretty damned cool. The big tires will look good with the other modifications

This R code will possibly, for the rest of its life, get more attention and recognition than any other R code in the history of R codes. I don't think the car would be to angry about that. But then again I can't leave any Mustang in its original state, not because they are not perfect but because the car is an extension of its owner and in my case I have a big butt. Lol. so Im not speaking on behalf of any of the purists out there. I hate no car.

Thanks again guys for all the comments! Wow. A car like this definitely polarizes an audience but in many ways that's a good thing.

Would rather polarize than neutralize. The most I can ask for is people talking about it.

Yes, the tires will not be the most efficient for the battery range but this car is really a show piece to prove the technology and show real car guys (like me) that we can go electric and still have fun and great sound. Our ICE simulator will be demo'd later this year in a video.

You guys are great. The guys at the DIY electric car forum hate this project because we are putting a 3000 watt sub under the car in the original gas tank and mounting frame transducers to simulate a big block 428... One guy actually said that was an "abomination to Electric Vehicles"...

Unlike an Internal Combustion Engine, you do have a mute button. I guess he still didn't like what we were doing.

Goes to show you that its impossible to please everyone, best you can go for is to have people talking.

They especially hated our planned SEMA video that starts with this scene... Electric cars are gay... Now we be really polarizing. LOL.

Every half hour the booth lights will auto dim and this video will start and then the lights come up, lightening across the booth and the car comes to life with its own V8 sound, torquing, vibrating, the whole 10 yards. Its going to be pretty dramatic. I hope I get to meet many of you in Las Vegas 2016.

Haven't decided the manufacturer yet. 20" X 12" in the rear and 18" X 9" in the front.

We are hoping to find a manufacturer that will work with us and give us accommodation pricing for marketing consideration.

The vehicle will be high profile in the show circuit starting at SEMA 2016 and then throughout 2017 so good exposure

for the right wheel manufacturer.

Likely will be a smaller company. Most of the big boys want to sell their product at retail and I'm not going to pay retail.

If you have any ideas, feel free to PM me. Still looking.

I like these a lot but again, MHT, a big boy, likely will not work with us.

http://www.mhtwheels.com/mht-luxury-alloy-wheel.cfm?id=4941

Something similar is likely what we will end up with.

Thanks

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
We decided to go with Boze. The wheel is on the Projects FB site.

Zac, CEO of Boze called me personally. Such a nice guy.

He never told me he was the owner so when I called to place the order the next day I asked for "Zac in Customer Service".

The guy laughed, you mean our CEO?

So unassuming and down to earth... To be honest it was Zacs genuine interest in what we were doing that sold me on his wheels.

That and they are absolutely gorgeous.

Phil

Back