Eminger Report - Questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Coupe
All,

I got my eminger report today. It looks very cool, but I don't see any dollar amounts like I've seen on most other reports I've seen posted here. Just have a few questions:

Why doesn't it have any dollar amounts on it?

What does SPCL. DLR. ACCT. ADJ. CR. mean?

What does FDAF WAIVED mean?

Why does it have an EPA 1973 Certificate of Conformity?

It is a T-5, could that be why its different from the other reports I've seen?

Does anyone else out there have an eminger report for a T-5?

Thanks...

uploadfromtaptalk1418091444541.JPG

uploadfromtaptalk1418091476896.JPG

I can tell you most if not all cars ordered for Export did not have currency amounts on the Monroney (window sticker/invoice) because of fluctuating exchange rates for different counties' currency.

Here is more info for some of the text on your invoice:

invoice facts.JPG

FDAP Waived is also in line with cars for Fleet or Export

Ford (or maybe Fair) Dealer Advertising Program (FDAP)

Wow your car was Ivy Glow with Avacado vinyl roof!

Ray

Very cool car...

Did you know it was a T-5? Seems like a pretty unique car.

No idea on your report but have never seen one without values.

Here is a link to the registry on line for them.

www.fordt5.com

I can tell you most if not all cars ordered for Export did not have currency amounts on the Monroney (window sticker/invoice) because of fluctuating exchange rates for different counties' currency.

Here is more info for some of the text on your invoice:

FDAP Waived is also in line with cars for Fleet or Export

Ford (or maybe Fair) Dealer Advertising Program (FDAP)

Wow your car was Ivy Glow with Avacado vinyl roof!

Ray
Thanks Ray... I figured it had to do with it being a T-5. I love my car, but I'd never put it back to its original colors. This baby was triple green from the factory. Things were pretty crazy back then...

Very cool car...

Did you know it was a T-5? Seems like a pretty unique car.

No idea on your report but have never seen one without values.

Here is a link to the registry on line for them.

www.fordt5.com
Thanks Jeff,

Yes I knew it was a T-5 before I bought it. I did a lot of research before buying this car because I didn't know what a T-5 was before seeing this car. I'd like to think I have a unique car. It is one of 89 with a CJ and a 4 speed and one of one all told. The car was registered with the T-5 website before I bought it. I've been in contact several time with Gary Hanson. If I remember correctly, my car is only one of twelve 1973 T-5s registered in the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to be connected to export cars.

Though mine is a Mustang and not a T5 as it was imported through Ford Belgium it is still a car built for export.

My Eminger invoice also shows no prices whatsoever.

Interesting thing I just noticed: This invoice refers to the 5H color as Ginger Metallic instead of Medium Brown Metallic. Is that weird?

Eminger no VIN (1).JPG

Eminger no VIN (2).JPG

Seems to be connected to export cars.

Though mine is a Mustang and not a T5 as it was imported through Ford Belgium it is still a car built for export.

My Eminger invoice also shows no prices whatsoever.

Interesting thing I just noticed: This invoice refers to the 5H color as Ginger Metallic instead of Medium Brown Metallic. Is that weird?
Thanks Lux... Looks like you're right, it must be the export cars. It would be nice to get some sort of explanation from Marti with each report to spell things out for us. I paid a little over $60 for that report with shipping. My bride summed it up when she said "that's all you got for $60??"...

The paint code being wrong is a bit weird. Did you compare it to your Marti report?

5H was used to identity Ginger and Med. Brown Metallic in 72. I believe there is a color difference. But if someone has access to the paint recipe, it can be verified.

"I can tell you most if not all cars ordered for Export did not have currency amounts on the Monroney (window sticker/invoice) because of fluctuating exchange rates for different counties' currency."

To clarify - if Ford was to insert the prices in the intended county's currency at the normal time of printing - by the time the car was delivered, the price (currency valuation) could have increased or decreased. This could have resulted in an unintended loss to the selling dealer.

I sure hope this helps.

Ray

5H was used to identity Ginger and Med. Brown Metallic in 72. I believe there is a color difference. But if someone has access to the paint recipe, it can be verified.
5H was indeed two different colors with different paint recipes.

Medium Brown Poly PPG 2371 AND Ginger Poly PPG 2482

Good info on the color issue.

It's funny because the Marti says med brown and the Eminger says ginger.

Good info on the color issue.

It's funny because the Marti says med brown and the Eminger says ginger.
The Eminger report is the correct one. It is the information Ford used to produce the actual car. The Marti report is just pulled from a database of information to create a report. The database likely does not distinguish between the two colors with the same code.

I'm just wondering why a company would offer two colors with the same code the same year?

It would only cause a lot of confusion and make repairs harder because you couldn't tell what color it actually is.

That's what codes are used for, to exactly determine a color no matter what its name is.

Weird!

Another thing is that I have always only found 5H to be med brown in any info database I found.

This is the first time I stumbled upon ginger.

Can you believe it. I've had that document for about 8 years now and have never noticed it. :-/

"I can tell you most if not all cars ordered for Export did not have currency amounts on the Monroney (window sticker/invoice) because of fluctuating exchange rates for different counties' currency."

To clarify - if Ford was to insert the prices in the intended county's currency at the normal time of printing - by the time the car was delivered, the price (currency valuation) could have increased or decreased. This could have resulted in an unintended loss to the selling dealer.

I sure hope this helps.

Ray
Thanks Ray... as always your explanations and advice are spot on.

Here is the California Emission Control sticker for 1973. It would have been placed on the driver's side quarter window with (of course) the window stickers placed on the driver's side door glass.

1973 Exhaust Emission Control.JPG

Ray

Thanks Lux... Looks like you're right, it must be the export cars. It would be nice to get some sort of explanation from Marti with each report to spell things out for us. I paid a little over $60 for that report with shipping. My bride summed it up when she said "that's all you got for $60??"...
Thanks for posting up your invoice! Only US and Canada cars had pricing on the invoice. For all export cars the pricing is blank. The EPA message was on all the 1973 invoices I have seen. I am not sure on your other questions, but I think the FDAF was an advertising fee.

Just my 0.02...but those 2 pieces of paper are worth every bit of $60. That is not a "report" but the Original Ford invoice. Some one has been saving that documentation since November, 1972. Ford would have shredded it in 1979 if Lois Emminger didn't take it home with her. Notice the little tick marks next to each option? That is the assembly line inspector marking off the options as he visually inspected each option on the car. I think its cool that your car and this documentation have been reunited. How much do you think a Camaro owner would pay for this kind of documentation?

Enjoy!

Bo

Here is the California Emission Control sticker for 1973. It would have been placed on the driver's side quarter window with (of course) the window stickers placed on the driver's side door glass.
This is cool! Do you have a picture that shows the position of where it is located on the glass? Have you ever seen one for a 1971? I have a picture of one from a 1974 Cougar.

Thanks,

Bo

I'm just wondering why a company would offer two colors with the same code the same year?

It would only cause a lot of confusion and make repairs harder because you couldn't tell what color it actually is.

That's what codes are used for, to exactly determine a color no matter what its name is.

Weird!

Another thing is that I have always only found 5H to be med brown in any info database I found.

This is the first time I stumbled upon ginger.

Can you believe it. I've had that document for about 8 years now and have never noticed it. :-/
Medium Brown and Ginger are the same color.

In 1972 the color was almost exclusively called "Medium Brown" and in 1974 it was almost exclusively called "Ginger". 1973 was like a transition year. Even the PPG color chart calls it "Med Brown (Ginger) Metallic" (PPG was the Ford paint supplier in 1973)

Bo

Thanks for posting up your invoice! Only US and Canada cars had pricing on the invoice. For all export cars the pricing is blank. The EPA message was on all the 1973 invoices I have seen. I am not sure on your other questions, but I think the FDAF was an advertising fee.

Just my 0.02...but those 2 pieces of paper are worth every bit of $60. That is not a "report" but the Original Ford invoice. Some one has been saving that documentation since November, 1972. Ford would have shredded it in 1979 if Lois Emminger didn't take it home with her. Notice the little tick marks next to each option? That is the assembly line inspector marking off the options as he visually inspected each option on the car. I think its cool that your car and this documentation have been reunited. How much do you think a Camaro owner would pay for this kind of documentation?

Enjoy!

Bo

Hey Bo... I do understand and appreciate how cool it is to have this sort of documentation for our cars. Your comments are exactly right.

I'm not sure, is any of this sort of documentation available for chevys? If not, sucks to be a chevy lover...

Bo - as far as the alignment of the sticker - check ebay quickly for a blue 73 convertible. It is priced pretty high so I figure it will be on ebay for a while.

That is where I found the pic - it shows the placement on the DS quarter window.

FDAP is advertising fee - might be same as "holdback" but I mentioned it earlier in this thread...

Ray

Back