2015 GT

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
She is named Victoria and sports a 302 with a C4.
SO, I was bored today and a friend and I decided to go to a local Ford dealership and test drive a 2015 GT. I only had two requirements, it had to be a 2015 GT and had to have a 6 speed manual. The salesman asked if I wanted to try out a 6 cylinder and I just looked at him with a shame on you look on my face. So the one I drove was a yellow GT Premium, $42,000 price tag, didn't mind cuz I was only there to drive it, not buy it. Had the standard seats, navigation, all the electronics tech stuff to include air conditioned seat (which rock), and factory 20 inch wheels. Push button start up gave me a surprise as the factory exhaust has a nice note to it. The new seats are really comfortable and there is a lot of room in the front seats for the taller guys. The rear seat is a different story though. The roof line for the fastback is so low that normal height humans will not have fun back there, nor any human for that matter, cuz its not the driver seat. The engine bay is clean and that motor looks massive in it. The salesman drove it off the lot for insurance reasons and pulled off into a parking lot down the street. My first impression was from the clutch. It was like there was no spring feedback because it was effortless to push the pedal, took a little getting used to. The gears were very tight shifted through the short through shifter and closer gates, i like it. Acceleration was ok, then I found a switch that allows you to switch between modes, he had it set on economy, so I naturally switched it to sport mode, naturally. Man, what an improvement, it accelerated like I wanted it to and this mode tightened up the steering as well. The IRS was so smooth, not many bumps in the road were felt. I think he was a little uncomfortable with the ride I took him on, but I had fun and wanted to see what it could do. He didn't say anything because he thought he might be able to sale me one. All said and done, i did not buy it, but its not because I didn't like it, just can't afford another car payment right now, and not sure my wife would like two mustangs in the household, she has no idea what she is in store for in our retirement. Great car, smooth ride, and fun acceleration along with a cool bum from air conditioned seats = I want one bad! I recommend everyone going to test drive one.

- Nik

Latest posts

Back