What would you like to see in a Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philt

Reaction score
My Car
1972 R code Mach1. Being resto moded.
Many of you know by now that we are producing the first 71-73 electric vehicle.

What you may not know is we are designing the vehicles controls from ground up.

We have added most every feature from every car we know of, like 3 flashes when you pull down the turn signal lever (adjustable from 1-3). auto tilting mirrors when you back up so you can see the ground. Back up camera that stays on all the time since anyone that owns a mach knows how well the view is out of the rear view mirror, we have most of the normal high tech stuff covered.

GPS, lane deviation, laser and radar all covered. 360 degree laser that pushes the brake on pending collision (front and rear), covered. auto tinting windows, covered. auto adjusting suspension covered. All upgrades done via wi-fi and on board hotspot.

What I want is ideas I can implement in the controls that you would love to see.

Bring em on.

Thanks,

Phil

Police cruiser detector is like #1

Reclining seats

Make sure you ditch any traction control or at least have a "sport mode" or whatever sports cars have nowadays.

I don't really know what else, sounds like you have got it down for the most part.

Keep us posted!

Great ideas. The traction control is defeat-able. With 1000 ft-lbs of torque available at 1 RPM, its really needed in an Electric Car. Very easy to "lose it".

We are using SCAT leather seats that recline. Hopefully we can incorporate a smart phone app in the center counsel to report speed traps although a radar detector and laser deflector will be standard in the front and rear.

We are hoping to get Fords attention at SEMA. Maybe they will sponsor an Electric GT500. We can certainly build them a prototype cheaper than they can build it. Time to marry electric to muscle as gas cars go the way of the milkman in the next decade or two.

Phil

I personally would love to see a 2014 Dash and Center Console with all the controls that come with it functioning. Blind spot warning systems are also a nice feature to have along with a heads up display. All lights on the car must be LED and some front and rear facia mods that are a bit more clean and modern, but still stay true to a 71-73 Mustang. I would also like to see a one piece billet aluminum grille and rear taillight panel with lots of hexagons on them! As long as there are no lambo doors on it I will be happy!

What are you guys using as a power plant and transmission? I was actually thinking about building one a couple of weeks ago with the price of gas getting kinda old.

- Nik

I personally would love to see a 2014 Dash and Center Console with all the controls that come with it functioning. Blind spot warning systems are also a nice feature to have along with a heads up display. All lights on the car must be LED and some front and rear facia mods that are a bit more clean and modern, but still stay true to a 71-73 Mustang. I would also like to see a one piece billet aluminum grille and rear taillight panel with lots of hexagons on them! As long as there are no lambo doors on it I will be happy!

What are you guys using as a power plant and transmission? I was actually thinking about building one a couple of weeks ago with the price of gas getting kinda old.

- Nik
Our KigerStang EV is already designed as far as the exterior. Lights are all LED (500 in the rear with scrolling messages programmable from the dash). Billet rear lens plates are planned similar to this:

693j42.jpg

The car will have a 360 radar with center counsel display of all cars around the vehicle. Similar to Teslas new system although that will be for 2017 SEMA. We are trying to get the basic stuff done for SEMA 2016 assuming the new batteries arrive on time.

I like the heads up display idea. thanks!

We are using a highly modified drive designed specifically for our motor that puts out over 450HP although the motor manufacturer states 412. We can do this with special PWM algorithms that get more efficiency out of the motor at 600 amps/720V. We will have a video showing the car on a dyno for SEMA to prove it to those that dont believe a 95 lb 12" cube electric motor can produce that much power. Yep, it does.

Tranny is any Tremec 4-6 speed. KigerStang uses a modified TR3650 but a TR6060 is also capable.

Plan to see Gas prices dropping below $2.00 in the next few months. Oil is running scared of Electric and they are attempting to DE-rail Tesla. Wont work big oil... Your time has come. But enjoy the reduced cost of gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you've already thought of this but just in case... it would be cool to have programmable interior lights that you can change the color and intensity of. Like other modern ford cars. Please don't forget about a tilt/telescopic steering column and adjustable pedals if possible. Can't wait to see it finished.

This project is looking pretty awesome! I can't wait to see more pics and info! As far as features...I'm sure you have touchscreen infotainment covered as well as auto dimming mirrors and heated exterior mirrors.

We are using full tilt steering column with Key fob detection for two drivers. This is part of our kit offering BTW. The vehicle is key-less. Mirrors, seats and steering column auto adjusts to the driver. Your smart phone will auto link allowing for custom radio stations and contacts.

Also we have key-less entry. Putting your hand under the handle (no touch) a sensor senses your hand with a fob in your pocket - pops the doors. You can then open the door with the handle so you don't touch the paint. I like this much better than handle-less doors. The seats automatically go furthest back when opening the door along with the column retracting on door open. Getting in, the seats and column auto fit to your settings programmable on the center counsel touch screen.

Windows drop 1/2" prior to the doors popping and then seal after closing for a tight seal. No side window leaks as in the older Stangs.

On the touch screen there is a "fun" button. This is a button that will allow you to change the sound of the motor from a VESPA to a VW to a V8. You can also change the sound of the horn from a typical mustang to a cats meow to whatever you want to load as a MP3. I personally like Homer Simpsons "DOH".

I love the cup holder comment. :D

That will be part of the DIYers build as we are not typically going to furnish the interior parts for EV conversions, just the drive train and higher tech stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe SEMA 2018 ;)

They don't call me "overkill Phil" for nothing!

LOL

How about auto dimming glass, like when its brighter outside, the windows tint to 20% all the way around, and at night, they become clear. All programmable of course, in case you want clear during the day. I drove a new 2015 GT Premium that had air conditioned seats, maybe add some of those too!

A/C, heated seats will be too much drain on the batteries. We do have the first electrically controlled tinted windows though. with zero current they go totally black (sides & rear only). so parked in a parking lot the car windows are black. this is adjustable and automatic so when there is no UV (raining) they become clear. these windows are a bit costly at $4800 for the set so likely wont add them till after we get some exposure from national magazines.

I'd love to see a hot young blonde in the passenger seat...

My wife used to be one of those. Still wouldn't trade her in for a newer model. We fit each other perfect.

A good wife that supports expensive hobbies like this are hard to find!

Back