Happy to be here.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 1
Hey guys. Happy i found this forum. Wish i would have found it sooner. I am a car freek like most of ya'll are im sure. I bought my 1972 Q-code Mach 1 from a friend of mine who bought it out of a garage from a widow. There were reciepts for various small parts and for a head job and the car has headers and an aftermarket carb but other than that its pretty original. The car was a pretty good survivor UNTIL my buddy trusted a college friend of his down in aiken SC to restore the car. The guy screwed my buddy around after diassembling the car to the point my buddy wanted rid of it.Then i bought it. It was in 1000 pieces. So i made the same mistake as my friend and let the same guy continue screwing the car up.. He stole the original gas cap, various interior parts like the clear piece that covers the instrament etc. Swaped the original hood for a rusted one and primed it and a fender to hide it but worst of all left it out in the weather with NO HOOD OR CARB. We finally called an told him we were coming to get the car. We reassembled most of it which took about 10 hours and got it the hell outta there. I though it had a blown head gasket but four oil changes later it was fine. The car now has all new brake system, an all new suspention and front end, new gas tank and i recently aquired a rusty set of magnum 500's. I am now ready to countinue where i left off a would like to thank ya'll for the kind welcome. A help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Michael

IMG_2565.JPG

Yes, this forum IS an addiction. Good luck with the resto, sucks that you and your friend were jerked around for so long. That calls for some good old-fashioned vigilante justice...just kidding...kind of.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Michael and welcome!

This is a cool place. It's actually the only forum I wanna check new posts every day.

Bunch of nice people here. :)

Welcome to the forums! You'll find lots of helpful folks here as well as tons of good information to help you get the car back to tip top shape!

::welcome::

Hey guys. Happy i found this forum. Wish i would have found it sooner. I am a car freek like most of ya'll are im sure. I bought my 1972 Q-code Mach 1 from a friend of mine who bought it out of a garage from a widow. There were reciepts for various small parts and for a head job and the car has headers and an aftermarket carb but other than that its pretty original. The car was a pretty good survivor UNTIL my buddy trusted a college friend of his down in aiken SC to restore the car. The guy screwed my buddy around after diassembling the car to the point my buddy wanted rid of it.Then i bought it. It was in 1000 pieces. So i made the same mistake as my friend and let the same guy continue screwing the car up.. He stole the original gas cap, various interior parts like the clear piece that covers the instrament etc. Swaped the original hood for a rusted one and primed it and a fender to hide it but worst of all left it out in the weather with NO HOOD OR CARB. We finally called an told him we were coming to get the car. We reassembled most of it which took about 10 hours and got it the hell outta there. I though it had a blown head gasket but four oil changes later it was fine. The car now has all new brake system, an all new suspention and front end, new gas tank and i recently aquired a rusty set of magnum 500's. I am now ready to countinue where i left off a would like to thank ya'll for the kind welcome. A help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Michael
Welcome to the site ! Sounds like what happened to me! only mine was worse...Well I guess there's one $#@&^% in every state

Check out my videos here www.saturdaymorninggarage.com

Thanks again for the welcome. So nice to see a forum with no flaming and hostility. refreshing. I was wondering what the etiquet is if i have a question. Should i start a new thread for every question or try to combine all curren questions in one post? I dont know how much help i can be to others on this site due to my lack of knowledge, but if i can i will. Thanks Michael

Thanks again for the welcome. So nice to see a forum with no flaming and hostility. refreshing. I was wondering what the etiquet is if i have a question. Should i start a new thread for every question or try to combine all curren questions in one post? I dont know how much help i can be to others on this site due to my lack of knowledge, but if i can i will. Thanks Michael
::welcome:: and there is a forum for just about every question out there, just take some time and look around the site, its full of surprises. be sure to put your pin in the members map and start you a garage also so people can follow along. There is now a FAQ section to help you along.

Welcome to the club, Michael! Like Roy said, just look for the forum that most likely is related to your question and start a new thread. We don't have a whole lot of them "etiquette laws" here :p - we just like to help each other out. So don't be afraid to post away. :)

Glad you found us!

Doc

WELCOME aboard, Michael!

I am sure that you, like everyone else, will be able to bring many "positives" to the Site...you will be surprised as to how quickly you will be able to assist others and/or provide inputs.

As tnfastbk inferred, you might want to go through the different Forums to get a "feel" for where your specific questions should be posted to get the best response. For example, if you have a question relative to the engine, you would visit the "Tech Forums", specifically the "Engine, Drivetrain and Performance" Forum. We have a number of Members who are EXTREMELY knowledgeable on different aspects of the '71 - '73 Mustangs.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

Welcome to the the best car site I've found. Big on information and help, small on ego size, a winning combination. Good luck with your project. If you have a question, just ask. You will get helpful responses.

Chuck

Michael, welcome! Hellva story you got there, but glad you got the car with you now.

I agree with everyone else, this is a great forum...like none other I've ever seen! Welcome again!

Welcome! Glad to hear you are persevering!

There are those of us that just like the forum and don't get around to doing any actual work on the Mustang at least :rolleyes:... well, maybe the planning and learning stage counts for something!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back