1971 Vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
I'm not a fan of this mod either.

The exterior paint on the car was factory Dk Green Metalllic, not a bad color. Someone thought it would look better yellow.

The green interior is correct but was never paired with the yellow exterior paint by Ford.

If the mod would have continued to replace the interior with a black one - that would have looked much better IMHO.

If they had left it stock it would have been one of just 155 1971 Mustang convertibles painted Dk Green Metallic with green standard interior.

The 302 C4 combination was the most common drivetrain for a 71 conv - 3241 (more than half) of all 71 convertibles.

1971 colors.JPG

Ray

Maybe the seller could find those two dumb Aussie customers of Ass Monkey's and sell it to them as an Aussie green and gold edition. If they are dumb enough to buy that POS Pontiac from Ass Monkey, then selling that thing to them would be easy as. Can't believe how dumb those guys are, another case of too much money and not enough brains.

Someone thought it would look better yellow.

Ray
As a rule of thumb you can say that that convertibles always look better in yellow. :p

I read somewhere that Ford actually built 3 yellow 123 Mustangs with blue interior!!!

If that doesn't make you sick, nothing does.

Looks like a bodged spray job, there's over spray on the sill plates:

DSC_0058.jpg

Back