My 1995 Lightning #53

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolandmhall

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Coupe - Restomod
Been on the shelf for years. It's time now that the Mustang is about where I want it.

I've owned her since 2001. 1995 Lightning build #53. I just love this truck. She has NEVER EVER let me down. Not once in all the time that I've owned her.

Going to build a nice mild street truck. She needs a cowl hood,hard shell bed cover. She needs to be lowered 3". I have the shocks. After the first of the year I'll order the DJM Dream Beams and rear shackle kit.

She needs mass air conversion. Drive train and rear end just need freshening up. I have MSD box and distributor and box, just never installed.

Has flow master true duals. Keeping stock wheels but I think we'll stagger the tires with street slicks on the back. This summer I'll do a set of heads to really wake her up.

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

I love the gen 1 Lightnings... and looking at your pictures makes me miss mine...

sigpic1.jpg

They are getting harder to find. I hope that they go up in value someday. She'll be 20 in May

I hated to sale mine, but I really wanted to get back to my roots.. old school carb engines.... and no matter how much I tried to make myself tear into mine I just could do it... I hated to screw it up... so I sold it back to it's orignal owner, that way I knew it would be taken care of...

Damn, I wish I could convince you to keep it all stock-appearing! You just don't see them anymore.

But anyway, I am sure you will have a kick-ass truck when you are done.

If it's still stock it has a 351 Windsor, with GT40 heads and GT40 intake... E40D transmission and a 8.8 rear with 4:10 gears...

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that my mustang is pretty much done we went ahead and got on the truck. Bodywork is in progress. She's in her second coat of primer now. Blocking work should be done soon then off to paint she goes.

1201151612-00.jpg

1201151611-01.jpg

0311161635-01.jpg

0311161635-00.jpg

Always loved the first gen lightenings. That will be a bad ride when done. Wish I had one sitting in the garage. Would look good next to the Stang. Just not practical with two kiddos still in car seats.

Back