My Boss 351 Marti plus

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
Kevin Marti's records were incorrect as Maurice White Ford did not begin operations until about 1977, when Don sold business to them.

From what I have learned, Brown Ford is still in that same location. It has been recently remodeled by Ford Motor Co, at an approx. cost of over $800k.

I contacted Marti Auto Works and provided all information to support and they promptly corrected the Matri report and sent me a new copy. I posted it further down this thread. Big thanks to Marti for this. It was a case where dealer ownership transfer made it a little confusing per the actual Ford dealer number.

I have spoken with Don Cannon and his daughter Nikki numerous times. Extremely nice folks.

They sent me old polaroid pictures of the car but they were heavily damages after many years in Don's residence attic.

Thanks to my friends who have helped me clean them up digitally. They look better.

The blurred pic is one of the few I managed to save from back in about 1981 where I was having fun at a local Shelby meet open track event (Hallett).

View attachment 28650

Don Cannon Key Fob a a.jpg

Don Cannon Stickers a.jpg

Don Cannon newspaper ad 1969 a.jpg

Letter from Nicki Cannon _ Dons daughter a.jpg

Boss_1971_picrestored.jpg

boss hallett.jpg

Don Cannon Mystery Check a.jpg

Hi Ray,

The old pictures of that Mustang is yours? Sorry if I missunderstood.

Manu

Nice, Ray!! ::thumb::

I think the only cool things I have from mine worth keeping for historical purposes are the cool insurance company rubbery key fob I found under the seat, and the original license plates with the "Let's Do It In The Dirt" license plate frame. rofl

Now quit playin' around and get that thing back on the road. ;) :D

Hi Ray,

That sounds like a very interesting history and background to your Mustang indeed. I think it's really great and worthwhile to research and get together a certain history and past of the car for all sorts of reasons.

It looks like a really decent car in many ways and would dress up very nicely.

Thanks for taking the trouble to let us know more about your car and sharing the pride you would have for her.

Regards,

Greg.:)

Great info on you Boss and its cool to have history photos.

Now after looking at your Dealer sales invoice, I'll pay you $5,000 for the car that's $600 over sticker :D

I asked Kevin Marti to review the info concerning dealer name being incorrect for the dealer at the time of the sale of my Boss 351. After presenting the evidence ; pics, letters, etc. they were quick to correct.

Corrected Marti report Boss 351.JPG

Ray

I have driven past that dealership many a time!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What else I find interesting is that Don said he only had 1 Boss 351 and this one was a stock order...meaning that the dealership, and probably Don Gannon himself would have had to pick out and order the car. Having only been one Boss ordered Don surely would have known/approved this being ordered.

Lots of good info you've posted about your car Ray.

What else I find interesting is that Don said he only had 1 Boss 351 and this one was a stock order...meaning that the dealership, and probably Don Gannon himself would have had to pick out and order the car. Having only been one Boss ordered Don surely would have known/approved this being ordered.

Lots of good info you've posted about your car Ray.

Thanks Don. I have enjoyed the search for this history.

Ray

Back