Gone60S Build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Mustang84

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sportsroof with a tuned 351C.
In this thread I will be documenting the build of my Gone In 60 Seconds replica car Eleanor. (The 1974 film obviously and not the remake).

Pics of car before work began in 2007:

A2Mustang.jpg

D2.jpg

C1.jpg

F1.jpg

G1.jpg

Work began at body shop, this is the last pic of the car before her body repairs.

eleanor5-9-08015.jpg

Body work begins:

mustang074.jpg

Doors (pictures not in any particular order):

mach1018.jpg

mach1019.jpg

mustang042.jpg

mustang043.jpg

mustang044.jpg

mustang045.jpg

mustang046.jpg

mustang048.jpg

mustang049.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

More pics to follow soon...

Cool project, an original Eleanor clone will be a fun car. Only the older folks like me will recognize what it is and they makes it even cooler:)

Last edited by a moderator:
In this thread I will be documenting the build of my Gone In 60 Seconds replica car Eleanor. (The 1974 film obviously and not the remake).

Pics of car before work began in 2007:

A2Mustang.jpg

D2.jpg

C1.jpg

F1.jpg

G1.jpg

Work began at body shop, this is the last pic of the car before her body repairs.

eleanor5-9-08015.jpg

Body work begins:

mustang074.jpg

Doors (pictures not in any particular order):

mach1018.jpg

mach1019.jpg

mustang042.jpg

mustang043.jpg

mustang044.jpg

mustang045.jpg

mustang046.jpg

mustang048.jpg

mustang049.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

More pics to follow soon...
I like the attetion to detail that shows in your resto pictures. Though mine might be an overkill in its entirety on my photo album but for the most u should see pages 2-5 @ body motor tranny suspension resto

Hello again, it's been a while since I've done an update but things are progressing on the car. The heavy doors are finally done and I have been busy on the rear axle also. Updates for that will be later when parts arrive.

As for the doors, once they were fully repaired they were coated with acid etch primer and then painted with white primer.

35jxp8j.jpg

r8uwko.jpg

s1jodj.jpg

Looks a great job. Is the bodyshop in Norfolk? I need my bonnet redone some time soon.
Sorry for my late reply, yes the body shop is in Thetford Norfolk. If you need a phone number I can PM you.

The boot (trunk) lid and bonnet (hood) got some attention too. They came back looking pretty good from the blasters and after a few small repairs they were quickly coated in acid etch primer and painted in white primer.

156ye6a.jpg

2mwfcex.jpg

339nchz.jpg

2hpu2ch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool project, an original Eleanor clone will be a fun car. Only the older folks like me will recognize what it is and they makes it even cooler:)
I don't know how old you are but I'm 26 and know what the real Eleanor looks like. I have the original on DVD.

BTW it looks like you are starting with a pretty solid car. I wish mine was that nice.

Latest posts

Back