Good Story

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great story!!!!

OK this is just another WAKE UP CALL!

If ANYONE wants to sell you a car with no title or history or registration and you don't know the seller REALLY WELL get a VIN check through you your DMV, state highway patrol, city police and or local tag agent. One of them will be able to help you or probably tell you how to get it checked! There are some online databases but I am a little hesitant to trust them completely.

Same old saying - BUYERS BEWARE - bet the guy that was trying to register was not the one who stole it!!!

Ray

That's good advice and even more important the more valuable the car is.

If I was buying a 40 year old Boss 351 from someone I didn't know I would insist a trip together to the DMV where I hand them the cashiers check when the DMV hands me the clear title.

Hi that's a great day for the Lady which got the Mustang back! This is a great thing that the registration work's[emoji6] But Not for the guy. But it just show that it's good to check the Mustangs before buying! Have a good friend which was helping me with the background of my Mach 1. Regards DK73[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Regards DK73

Great story. Here is a question, though. If she had it insured when it got stolen in the '80's, doesn't the car now belong to the insurance company who would have paid her off? I wonder how that works after 3 decades. Does anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great story. Here is a question, though. If she had it insured when it got stolen in the '80's, doesn't the car now belong to the insurance company who would have paid her off? I wonder how that works after 3 decades. Does anyone know?
There have been stories posted here I think about that exact thing.

May have seen it on Hemming's also. If the insurance paid her

off, the car belongs to them. Good pick-up.

mike

Back