Enjoying every minute

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Peetz

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach1
I have been wanting to restore a mach 1 for over 20 years. I finally have a good job and a place to do it. I found this forum and have been reading up all i can since i got my 71 mach 1. I was at work and found it on craigslist and bought it. It was delivered to my door after i got home from work. I bought it the first week of february and have been tearing it down on my days off from work. I work a 2 weeks on and 1 week off. It is a 71 Mach 1, 351 cleveland 2v. 3 speed manual. Here is a pic of it when i bought it( excuse the flames)

DSC_0001-1.jpg

And here today as it sits

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

Hi Matt and ::welcome::

I don't mind the flames. Kinda like them..... :)

Reminds me when I was young.

Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you aboard! Looks like a great project...please keep us posted!

::welcome::

LOL Tn. I was like what the hell is he talking about? Had to go look again.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

::welcome:: I see it has the ultra rare "WILSON" steering box also
Welcome Matt!

The Wilson steering box only comes on the Hot Wheels edition of the Mach 1. I wonder if that would show up on your Marti Report?

White, unfortunately i did lol. Was thinking "Hey i might have something to help pay for that huge order of parts i made to Don at Ohio mustang"

When i am home for my week off from work i try to use every minute i can. The kids are still in school so i have a good 8-9 solid hours of uninterruption to work on it and usually one weekend day.

When i am home for my week off from work i try to use every minute i can. The kids are still in school so i have a good 8-9 solid hours of uninterruption to work on it and usually one weekend day.
::welcome:: nice start, any ideas on powertrain and color? Sounds like you work an oilfield schedule! Again, welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back