Howdy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peeenl

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Hello,

My name is Chris. I've had a big '71 Mach 1 project since January 1st, 2011. We're coming up on our 4 year anniversary; but it is still a huge project. When I originally got the car, it was an absolute rust bucket. I've replaced some sheet metal and gotten some parts from salvage; and there is more or less a whole car in the garage. The welds look awful though, and some surface rust has started to develop on the bare metal and primed body work. The interior is also completely out. We had a long hiatus while she was in storage for a couple years, and it looks like I'll be doing a little back tracking.

I did rebuild the engine the car came with, which was a non-original 351W from 1969. Also rebuilt the 3-speed manual, the suspension, and the brakes, just did a clean up the 9" rear end (3.50 gears).

Current project: Once upon a time I bought some 14x8 magnum 500s to go on there for a great price, but two of the tires won't hold air anymore. I'm not enjoying the tire hunt for 14" rims.

Upcoming projects: Get it running well again (sat too long and has been an emotional event to get it going again), get a hood latch, redo welds and other body work, learn how to paint a car, figure out the electrical, figure out what to do with what's left of the cowl, finish the interior.

Somehow I didn't notice this forum until now; and today's the day I'm a member. I'm not the most experienced with cars; but I have taken every possible thing apart on this car. I appreciate any help and encouragement from you all, and will offer any help I can as well.

Happy Holidays!

Chris

I did get some picture up so everyone can take a peek. One is a little fuzzy, and they didn't all load; but enough to get the idea.

Back